by Julia Quinn
Series: Bridgertons #6
Narrator: Simon Prebble
Length: 9 hours and 54 minutes
Genres: Historical Romance
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4.5 cups
In every life there is a turning point.
A moment so tremendous, so sharp and breathtaking, that one knows one's life will never be the same. For Michael Stirling, London's most infamous rake, that moment came the first time he laid eyes on Francesca Bridgerton.
After a lifetime of chasing women, of smiling slyly as they chased him, of allowing himself to be caught but never permitting his heart to become engaged, he took one look at Francesca Bridgerton and fell so fast and hard into love it was a wonder he managed to remain standing. Unfortunately for Michael, however, Francesca's surname was to remain Bridgerton for only a mere thirty-six hours longer -- the occasion of their meeting was, lamentably, a supper celebrating her imminent wedding to his cousin.
But that was then . . . Now Michael is the earl and Francesca is free, but still she thinks of him as nothing other than her dear friend and confidant. Michael dares not speak to her of his love . . . until one dangerous night, when she steps innocently into his arms, and passion proves stronger than even the most wicked of secrets . . .
I am continuing my journey with the Bridgertons’ on audio. When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn shares the story of notorious rake, Michael Stirling, and Francesca Bridgerton. Quinn made me weep, laugh and hope as these characters suffered, stumbled and discovered.
When He Was Wicked is the sixth novel in the Bridgertons series. Set in Regency England we’ve witnessed the romances of this wonderful, loud and heartwarming family.
Caffeinated Reasons to grab your earbuds and listen to When He Was Wicked
- Michael fell in love with Francesca the moment he laid eyes on her, unfortunately, it was also the moment she married his best friend and cousin, John, the Earl of Kilmartin. The three of them became wonderful friends, and Micheal was frequently in residence. Francesa and John had a happy marriage and it suited Fran. I loved seeing the three together and the teasing way Fran was with Michael who never showed his feelings but took joy in their happiness.
- When tragedy strikes Michael realizes he could have everything only grief and guilt overwhelm him and he leaves Fran at Kilmartin and travels.
- Grab some truffles because Quinn will make you weep. I loved that she allowed us to know all three before tragedy struck as it connects the listener on a very emotional level.
- Quinn did such a splendid job developing these characters and sharing their sorrow, fears, desires and more. One cannot help but get caught up in their story.
- Four years have past and Fran is finally ready to come out of mourning. Will Michael finally make her his? You’ll laugh, pull your hair in frustration and weep as their unconventional romance unfolds.
- Meddling and updates from the family added lighter moments and a little excitement.
- Simon Pebble narrates and he did such a splendid job of capturing the characters. He added another layer to this already heartwarming tale. I’ve listened to this narrator before and appreciate his tone and pacing. He offered a distinct voice to each character that I thoroughly enjoyed.
I’ve loved the stories in this series and When He Was Wicked was different then it’s predecessors as we explored love, loss, and friendship. Grab some truffles before beginning this one!When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn shares the story of notorious rake, Michael Stirling, and Francesca Bridgerton. Quinn made me weep, laugh and hope as these characters suffered, stumbled and discovered. #audio Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.