by Julia Quinn
Series: Bridgertons #7
Narrator: Simon Prebble
Length: 9 hours and 41 minutes
Genres: Historical Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration: 4 cups
Raised by an unloving father who told him he was actually a bastard, Gareth St. Clair, the second son of a baron, has plenty of private demons to battle. Years later, after ironically becoming the heir to the St. Clair title when his older brother dies, Gareth still doesn't understand why his father, Lord St. Clair, hasn't publicly denounced his position in society.
His brother, always a champion of Gareth, leaves him a diary written in Italian. Unsure of what to do with the mysterious journal, he heads to his grandmother's house where he meets Hyacinth Bridgerton, youngest of the famed eight Bridgerton siblings. Though she is known for being outspoken and dramatic, there is something charming about her that keeps her in everyone's good graces. Fortunately for Gareth, Hyacinth can read Italian and, as she begins to decipher the text, clues to the mysterious St. Clair history begin to unravel.
Long ago, Gareth's grandmother hid jewels on the St. Claire estate, jewels that can replenish St. Claire coffers left bare by Lord St. Claire's gambling debts. As Gareth and Hyacinth begin their search, they soon realize that they're uncovering another treasure, a love infinitely more precious than any shiny bauble.
It’s In His Kiss by Julia Quinn, narrated by Simon Prebble is the seventh Bridgerton novel and shares the romance of Hyacinth, the youngest and most outspoken of the siblings. A diary, hidden jewels and wicked banter made this tale delightful.
Reasons to listen to It’s In His Kiss
- Lady Danbury and Hyacinth’s weekly tea, in which Hyacinth reads scandalous romances involving cliffs.
- Hyacinth Bridgerton who thinks being compared to Lady Danbury as the highest compliment. I adored this feisty, determined, stubborn and outspoken young woman, even when she was wrong.
- Gareth St. Clair. One can not help but feel sorry for him even if he is stubborn and often inserts his foot directly into his mouth. He grew up at the hands of a father who confessed Gareth was a bastard and who demeaned him. I struggled with something he did to keep Hyacinth, but blame his poor self-esteem and doubts.
- The romance while fade to black was filled with sizzling chemistry, snark, witty banter and plenty of swoons. I confess I burst out laughing several times as these two conversed. Hyacinth is so stubborn, and he takes a while to realize he is madly in love with her.
- Time spent with Lady Danbury. I simply adored this old woman who says and does exactly what she wants. Don’t think for a moment she wasn’t meddling.
- The diary written in Italian proved to be fascinating as Hyacinth worked to translate the text. The resulting sleuthing provided quite the adventure.
- Simon Prebble provided a wonderful narration and captured the banter between this couple perfectly.
- The epilogues. I love Quinn’s epilogues and I finished this audio grinning from ear to ear.
It’s In His Kiss is perfect for fans of historical romance, families, humor and swoons.Breaking and entering, swoons and delicious banter made It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn a fantastic listen. #loveaudiobooks #SimonPrebble Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.