Your privacy is important to us. It is Caffeinated Reviewer’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com, and other sites (caffeinatedreviewer.com/caffeinatedservices.com) we own and operate.
Personal identification information
We collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, and any other details that might be requested in order to serve you. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. By making a comment, entering a giveaway, filling out a form. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Handling this data allows us to:
- Send prize, in the case of giveaways.
We will contact you by email if you win a giveaway. Each giveaway will state who will be supplying the prize. If it is an author or publisher and the book is physically shipped, we will share your mailing address. If Caffeinated ships the package we will maintain your mailing address information for three months or until you notify us that prize has been received whichever comes first.
- Respond to your queries, requests or complaints.
- Comments if You choose to leave them.
Gravatar an anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
This site uses the Reply Notification plugin. When you leave a comment on this site, your name, email, and IP address will be collected and stored on this site managed with WordPress (.org) indefinitely. Your name/username will be shown publicly, but the email and IP address are not. If at any point you wish to have a comment removed, you can contact us.
This plugin also allows me to reply to your comments. I blog to share books and to talk about books. I love to reply back but if you’d prefer I do not respond, please notify me. You can state so in the comment with a simple NR at the end of your comment or notify me by email.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect aggregated non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to this Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Google Analytics Data Retention is set for up to 14 months. We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions.
- Book Host Hosting service may collect non-personal data to determine the number of visitors per month. Some of your data may be stored at their server.
Web browser cookies
Cookies are small bits of information collected through your web browsing activities and stored on your computer. Our Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. Cookies are temporarily stored on your devices so this site can remember you, the pages you visited and your journey around this site, ultimately improving your viewing experience.
To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details about advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
We use several types of cookies at Caffeinated
- Essential Cookies -These cookies remember you and your login info when you go to comment.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to Caffeinated Reviewer and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve your experience.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
Caffeinate Reviewer may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve your experience
The information you provide helps us improve your experience when visiting Caffeinated Reviewer. from remembering who you are to replying to your comments.
- To personalize user experience
We may use the aggregated non-personal information to understand how our Users respond to post, features and events on our site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our content.
- To send periodic emails
To notify you if you’ve won a giveaway, reply to comment or question. If User decides to opt-in to our third-party mailing list(s), they will receive emails that may include news, updates or service information, etc. Feedburner sends a daily newsletter whenever there is a new post. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices. Security measures are in place to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username and data stored on our Site.
If we believe there has been a data breach, we will do our best to inform everyone within a 72 hour period via a post on the site and by reaching out to those affected via email if possible.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information with others.
Certain information may be shared with others when necessary to complete a certain action.
- For example, in order to process your payments, your details must be sent to our payment processor: PayPal. This is done manually when I login into PayPal and fill out an invoice.
- If you win a giveaway we may share your mailing address. Who and how will be made clear before you enter a giveaway.
- We may share generic demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers. For example number of unique visitors that visit us each month.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Including links to
- Mister Linky
- Jetpack (currently not activated)
- Cookie Consent (catAccCookies)
When you click on an affiliate link it has a cookie to track my ID, once you enter their site you are subject to their cookie/date policy.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, widgets, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Soundcloud– used to share Audiobook samples. Read their Cookies policy
Our Policy on Children
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us, and we will delete such information
Requesting and/or deleting your personal information
If you would like to request access to the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us, please contact Kimberly firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a confirmation email from email@example.com asking if you made this request. You will then receive an export of your information. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Statements and opinions expressed on this blog are those of Caffeinated Reviewer unless otherwise stated.
- Authors & Publishers may send me an ARC or finished copy in exchange for my unbiased review. All reviews show source at the top of each review.
- Opinions shared by others may not reflect our views.
- I reserve the right to moderate comments.
- Purchases made through buy links and affiliate ads may result in a commission. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates and Nose Graze Affiliate program. Both are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and Nosegraze.com
- All materials on this blog were produced and/or compiled by Caffeinated Reviewer/Caffeinated Services.
- No images, text and/or designs from this site may be copied or reproduced without written permission, with the exception of authors and publishers who may use parts of reviews for quotations.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.