by Donna Grant
Series: Heart of Texas #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
’Tis the season for ex-Navy SEAL Clayton East to come home for the holidays―even if the mood at home is anything but festive. His father is ill. The East Ranch is in financial trouble. And now it’s on Clayton, the prodigal son, to make sure his family doesn’t lose everything.
Headstrong Abby Harper is like a mother to her younger brothers, who she’s helped raise since she was a teenager. Keeping them in line is no small task while she’s also working toward her college degree. And now that one of her brothers has been arrested for stealing cattle at the East Ranch, Abby is at her wit’s end. But there is a silver lining: Clayton East. He believes in second chances, and is willing to give one to her brother this Christmas. Letting beautiful Abby―and the inescapable longing in his heart―off the hook, however, is a whole ’nother story. Could it be that the woman of this local hero’s dreams has been back at home all along?
The Christmas Cowboy Hero by Donna Grant hooked me from the beginning from Retired Navy SEAL Clayton East to young Abby Harper raising two brothers on her own. If you’re looking for a holiday read filled with family, humor, a dash of suspense and brimming with curl your toes romance than the Christmas Cowboy Hero is sure to deliver!
Grant has been an author I have wanted to try and let’s be honest the thought of a cowboy hero for Christmas was all the incentive I needed.
Reasons to snuggle up with The Christmas Cowboy Hero
- Both Clayton East and Abby Harper are solid, genuine and flawed characters. They are the kind you can depend on and would call a friend. Clayton carries the hurt of a loss, and Abby bears the responsibility of raising her two younger brothers after their mom took off when Abby was just eighteen. I connected with them, and from the onset we see sparks. Grant did an excellent job of sharing their history, allowing for growth and building a believable relationship.
- Texas homelife on the ranch. Cattle, fixing fences and home cooked meals. Grant made me feel right at home. Clayton’s parents have a warm and welcoming farm. You could see the holiday lights sparkling, and smell the coffee and homemade pie in the kitchen.
- The romance had a beautiful, sweet build up. Stolen moments, feelings and interactions felt genuine with a hint of that holiday magic.
- Abby’s brothers, ranch hands, and Clayton’s parents added depth and sense of family to the story.
- Side threads were developed and gave the story depth. You are made to feel part of life and happenings on the East Ranch.
- The suspense angle was an interesting one. We have missing cattle and funds that created tension, a little mystery and a touch of danger.
- The story was well developed, and the characters had depth creating a delightful feel-good tale perfect for the holiday season. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
The Christmas Cowboy Hero was a delightful full-length story with a touch of Christmas tidings.Cozy up by the fire with the magic of The Christmas Cowboy by Donna Grant. #mustread #holiday Click To Tweet
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone