by Richelle Mead
Series: Georgina Kincaid #4
Narrator: Elisabeth Rodgers
Length: 11 hrs and 37 mins
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Georgina Kincaid has been a bad, bad succubus, which should be a good thing. But lately, thanks to her foul mood over breaking up with best-selling writer Seth Mortensen, she's been so wicked that Seattle's uber-demon Jerome, decides to "outsource" Georgina to a rival--and have her spy for him in the process. Being exiled to the frozen north--okay, Vancouver--and leaving Seth in the cozy clutches of his new girlfriend is unpleasant enough. Then Jerome is kidnapped, and all immortals under his control mysteriously lose their powers. One bright spot: with her life-sucking ability gone, there's nothing to keep Georgina from getting down and dirty with Seth--nothing apart from his girlfriend that is. Now, as the supernatural population starts turning on itself, a newly mortal Georgina must rescue her boss and figure out who's been playing them--or all hell will break loose.
I am working my way through series on my TBR pile/Wishlist and finally devoured the Georgina Kincaid series. Grab a cup of cocoa and some Christmas cookies while I share my thoughts on Succubus Heat, Succubus Shadows and Succubus Revealed.
Succubus Heat is the fourth novel in Richelle Mead’s Georgina Kincaid urban fantasy series featuring Georgina a smart, snarky, succubus who resides in Seattle Washington. Mead has taken us on quite the journey and in Succubus Heat; we get it all: a little danger, some passion and a supernatural mystery that will keep you guessing.
The feels I got while listening to Succubus Heat
- Hopeless: Georgina is angry, filled with self-loathing and trying to lose herself and escape the pain. In fact, she has pissed off Jerome (her Demon ruler) with all her antics. I feel for her and its breaking my heart. She is heartbroken and lashing out with a “never care” attitude. I know Seth loves her, but I am so angry. Seeing Seth and working at the bookstore with his super nice, chipper girlfriend Maddie would suck the life out of anyone.
- Road Trip Woot! Jerome sources Georgina out to Cedric, the Vancouver Demon. He needs help with a Demon Worshiping Cult that is stirring up trouble. It was fun getting out of Seattle, and a busy Georgina cannot be caught up in her sorrows.
- Immortals in Stasis: The mystery in Succubus Heat was fantastic and created an opportunity for all the immortal creatures in Seattle to lose some of their abilities. For the first time Vampires can walk in daylight. Georgina is still immortal but very much human. Mead exposes a very vulnerable side of our kick-ass heroine. You know what is going to happen right? I also cannot stop thinking about those dreams she had. Gads!
- Seth and Georgina: I need truffles. My emotions are all over the place. This aspect of the story ripped out my guts, made me happy and then left me bitchy. I had a problem with one aspect of this storyline. View Spoiler »There is Cheating. « Hide Spoiler However, it was bittersweet, beautiful and yet cruel. Is it better to know or better to wonder?
- An exceptional storyline: Mead blew me away with Succubus Heat. Sure she had my emotions all over the place but the concept and execution were amazing, We have politics, betrayals, human emotions and a mystery to solve. She balanced these threads beautifully all while pulling my heart along on a string. Surprisingly she still made me laugh and there were even snarky moments
- Hail, Hail the Gang’s All Here: We didn’t see a lot of the motley crew of supernaturals and I missed them. I have mixed feelings about Dante, but he is good to Georgina. Carter and his rules. Loosen up Carter! We did meet new characters and players in the supernatural world. It was fun seeing Georgina interact with them.
- Listening Rocks! Elisabeth Rodgers the narrator for this series is exceptional. She captures the tone and emotions of the characters and story creating an enhanced experience.
I closed Succubus Heat eager for the next audio in the series and in need of a new box of truffles. Of course I immediately downloaded Succubus Shadow.
After the nail-biting, soul ripping reveals of Succubus Heat I had to dive in and listen to Succubus Shadows. While not as intense, Mead continues to reveal, twist and put poor Georgina through hell. Completely addictive this series is perfect for audio thanks to Elizabeth Rogers’ narration.
Happens in Seattle
- Succubus Shadows was intense with reveals, dark mysterious anger that made me. * shiver* There are far worst things then Demons who contract your soul.
- Daily Crap in the life of Georgina– She is struggling dealing with Seth and balancing her friendship with Maddie. I cringed when Georgina had to go looking for bridesmaid dresses and Maddie’s wedding dress. Mead managed to pull at my heartstrings and make me laugh with the snark. A visiting succubus has her eyes on Seth and witnessing Georgina confront her reaffirmed how wickedly cool and badass she is.
- The storyline- Wow, a lot of stuff went down as move towards the end of the series. Death, danger, twists and reveals had my emotions all over the place. I am at the point now where I need to know. One of the things I love about Mead is that she has all of these threads and she keeps them balanced, feeding them to me until I am completely addicted.
- The danger Georgina finds herself caught up in was creepy and the different stories that emerged from it shed light on Georgina’s past and hinted at things to come.
- The romance- Seth and Georgina interact a lot, and woozier the things we witness and hints that are dropped have me curious and hoping. We see Seth face his demons, as Georgina pulls back and t had me wondering if we will ever get the resolution I need want.
- The gang is present and involved in the core threads. It is obvious they care for Georgina. We lose a character and with it gain another clue. Carter continues to baffle me, I am certain he is very important aside from the fact that I adore him. I loved the side stories with folks at the bookstore as they added humor and a bright light when things get to dark. Man I really I feel for Roman, it is obvious he cares deeply for Georgina and part of her would like to create a life with him, but the heart has other opinions.
- The ending had me rewinding and listening again. OMG what is this fuckery! Of course, this led me to bumping Succubus Revealed up to my next listen. As soon as I finished this, review its mine all mine!
Succubus Shadows was twisted and left me with anxious for Succubus Revealed.
Succubus Revealed is the final book in the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead and I listened to all nine hours and forty-seven minutes in a single day. I was rewarded with an engaging, suspenseful wrap up that answers questions and satisfied. There isn’t much I can say at this point so I will keep this short and sweet.
Georgina Kincaid wraps up with Succubus Revealed
- The Story-picked up right where Succubus Shadow ended and for once Georgina seems happy that is until it feels like Hell is conspiring against her.
- Plot Twists- Mead threw in twists, angst, death and plenty of tender moments between friends and loved ones.
- Answers- I could not have asked more. My answers about Carter were answered, as well as the main question that was raised throughout the series. Roman oh boy, I would say more but spoilers darling!
- The Feels- My emotions were all over the place from being mad at the characters to crying over secondary ones. Mead really gives the readers a small-town feel as she weaved all of the threads involving characters into the tale. She also managed to weave in humor and of course tears of happiness.
- The Wrap Up– Succubus Revealed is sure to satisfy fans of the series. I was delighted with the ending and epilogue but shall miss all of the characters from this world.
You can listen to samples of the Succubus series @ Audible. Elizabeth Rogers is a delightful narrator making my listen all the more addictive.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone