by Debbie Cassidy
Series: The Witch Blood Chronicles #3
Narrator: Zehra Jane Naqvi
Length: 5 hours and 58 minutes
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration: 4.5 cups
Something is here. Something otherworldly, something alien, and its intentions are far from amicable.
Families are going missing in the city, and investigative operative Carmella Hunter has been tasked to find them. With the public eye on her every move, Carmella must work against a ticking clock to locate the missing humans. When the evidence begins to point to an entirely alien and sinister plot, the government agency Carmella works for is forced to change strategy. Now, Carmella and her friends must go undercover in the hopes of becoming the next victims. But will the kidnapper take the bait? And if he does, will Carmella and her friends make it out alive?
Embracing Magick by Debbie Cassidy is the third book in the Witch Blood Chronicles. Narrated by Zehra Jane Naqvi, Carmella faces down danger, love and more. Oh boy, this was an engaging tale offering more insight into our heroine and ending on a major cliffhanger. Thank goodness the next audio is queued up!
Caffeinated thoughts about Embracing Magick
- Carmella is continuing her work as an IPEU officer and finds herself on one of it’s most significant cases. Entire families are just disappearing. As they investigate Carmella and the others realize there is a potential threat to all of humankind. This thread was intense and had us once again entering the world of the djinn.
- Cassidy outdid herself with twists, suspense, and djinn court scenes. Poor Carmella is tested. I adore (except when it comes to romance) this snarky, smart, and witchy Asura.
- Training with Vritra continues, and suddenly I want to hit the gym and wrestle. Like Carmella, he can shift to a dragon, but instead of being half witch like her, he is a demigod. The two have a little attraction thing going. It’s sexy, filled with tension and complicated thanks to the Asura side of Carmella. I was excited about this possible romance, but the djinn whose committed to marrying another (Royal connection and alliances) has come sniffing around offering Carmella an arrangement. She does make a decision, and I admired her for it, I just don’t trust her. She waivers and has self-doubt. I seriously wanted to kick Carmella or at least shake her.
- Secondary characters enjoy more page time in Embracing Magick. Marina, Aaron, Honey, and Urvashi are all colorful and developed. Their side stories and involvement added depth to the overall series and world.
- We get updates on ongoing series arcs and even get a brief encounter with Carmella’s biological mother. Garnet and the High Witch Elora offer up more information about Carmella’s binding. I for one am eager to learn more. Cameos, updates and little side-threads fleshed out the story.
- Cassidy continues to flesh out the world offering up tidbits I thoroughly enjoyed.
- Remember that possible threat to humanity? The only way to stop it might kill Carmella, and better yet we are left with a HUGE, you have got to be kidding me CLIFFHANGER!
- Zehra Jane Naqvi continues to narrate the series and does a fantastic job with the character voices, emotions as she enhances the suspense and tone of the storyline. She has become the voice of Carmella Hunter.
Fans of Urban Fantasy will love the vibrant, captivating world Cassidy has created. Because of ongoing series arcs and character growth, I recommend that the Witch Blood Chronicles be read/listened to in or order of their release.Embracing Magick the third book in the Witch Blood Chronicles by Debbie Cassidy offered an intensely addictive story with danger and relationship complications. Narrated by Zehra Jane Naqvi I couldn't stop listening. #audio… Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.