by Colleen Hoover
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse. Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.
November 9 by Colleen Hoover was an anticipated release for me and as an added bonus; it was the first book that my online book club, Caffeinated Book Club tackled. I adored the characters and the premise readily swallowing the little blue pill and falling for the events that unfold in November 9.
Reasons to grab November 9
- You love impossible romance, believe in love at first sight or soul mates. I believe in soul mates but don’t necessarily believe you are destined for only one person. A soul can meet many soul mates in a lifetime. There are people whose path you will cross that complete you, strengthen you and ground you. Such was the love story of Ben and Fallon.
- You love witty dialogue, banter and heartfelt conversations. I loved the chemistry between Ben and Fallon. They were unique, poetic, troubled and independent. However, meeting each other changed them and gave them purpose. Hoover shares their story, weaves in their history, family and more allowing us to connect.
- You want broken and flawed characters who expose their wounds, show growth throughout the story, and bear their souls to each other. Watching these two fall and experiencing their joy, pain and sorrow had me laughing, holding my breath and even shedding a tear.
- You want the feels. Flipping the pages and reading into the wee-hours of the night because you just need to know if they will “find their happy” is a book high you crave. While I never doubted the outcome, Hoover added twists and turns wrapped in angst and heartache that had me reaching for truffles as the world slipped away.
- Read it for the premise. Two souls meeting once a year on the same date transforming from friends to lovers.
- The use of dual perspectives gave readers the chance to understand and feel each character’s emotions.
- Through the characters we discover the significance of the date, November 9th. I closed the novel spent and eager to talk about it with everyone.
- Hoover is a wonderfully storyteller who takes ideas and tropes forging them into something that steals a little piece of the reader’s heart.
November 9 delivered all that I wished for allowing me to become swept up in Fallon and Ben’s romance leaving me with a book hangover and empty box of truffles.