by Colleen Hoover
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
Lowen Ashleigh is a struggling writer on the brink of financial ruin when she accepts the job offer of a lifetime. Jeremy Crawford, husband of bestselling author Verity Crawford, has hired Lowen to complete the remaining books in a successful series his injured wife is unable to finish.
Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity's notes and outlines, hoping to find enough material to get her started. What Lowen doesn't expect to uncover in the chaotic office is an unfinished autobiography Verity never intended for anyone to read. Page after page of bone-chilling admissions, including Verity's recollection of what really happened the day her daughter died.
Lowen decides to keep the manuscript hidden from Jeremy, knowing its contents would devastate the already grieving father. But as Lowen's feelings for Jeremy begin to intensify, she recognizes all the ways she could benefit if he were to read his wife's words. After all, no matter how devoted Jeremy is to his injured wife, a truth this horrifying would make it impossible for him to continue to love her.
I’ve enjoyed Colleen Hoover’s romances, but as many of you know I haven’t been craving the genre lately. I have been devouring thrillers, fantasies, suspense, and murder-mysteries! Such is the life of a fickle reader. However, early reviews dubbed this a mind-fuck and declared, “What the hell did I just read?!?” I decided I would eventually read it.
When Amazon offered 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for 99 cents, I jumped, The first book I grabbed was Verity. Yes, this is available on KU. Brilliant move on Hoover’s part. I am so glad I ignored the romantic elements and dove in. I hope you grab it too.
Caffeinated Reasons to Read Verity
- A forbidden romance. While I wasn’t keen on a romance, I don’t regret it.
- Hoover as a suspense-thriller writer -EPIC. This needs to be an audiobook!
- Hells yes she and K.A. Tucker need to write a book together but a suspenseful, twisted one!
- The protagonist, Lowen Ashleigh, is a successful, yet humble writer. In her personal life she has recently come from a dark place. Hoover made her feel vulnerable and genuine.
- Jeremy Crawford, husband of best-selling author Verity Crawford has had it all and lost it all. He is a wonderful father and loyal husband. You’ll want to comfort him, then question him.
- The setting lent itself perfectly to the tale that unfolds and with subtle foreshadowing and chilling discoveries. As I sit here reflecting I am thinking I want to do a re-read.
- Hoover explores tragedy, opportunity, and sin, not to mention a few others… but alas spoilers.
- I confess I become completely caught up in the story that unfolds. The home has a sinister feel, and comments made by the five-year-old boy sent shivers up my spine.
- The things that went on in the writer’s office…. words written, secrets told. What the bloody hell? It was addictive, horrifying, and at time chilling.
- The whole story built until the climatic ending before Hover takes us down a rabbit hole from which there is no return.
- This story left me mind-fucked.
Read it. Then come tell me what you think.Hoover takes us down a rabbit hole from which there is no return. Verity by Colleen Hoover #mindblown #mustread #KU #bestseller Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.