by Amanda Stevens
Series: Graveyard Queen #6
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
Shush…lest she awaken…
My name is Amelia Gray, a cemetery restorer who lives with the dead. An anonymous donor has hired me to restore Woodbine Cemetery, a place where the rich and powerful bury their secrets. Forty years ago, a child disappeared without a trace and now her ghost has awakened, demanding that I find out the truth about her death. Only I know that she was murdered. Only I can bring her killer to justice. But the clues that I follow—a haunting melody and an unnamed baby's grave—lead me to a series of disturbing suspects.
For generations, The Devlins have been members of Charleston's elite. John Devlin once turned his back on the traditions and expectations that came with his birthright, but now he has seemingly accepted his rightful place. His family's secrets make him a questionable ally. When my investigation brings me to the gates of his family's palatial home, I have to wonder if he is about to become my mortal enemy
“Shush…lest she awaken…”
The Graveyard Queen has been one of my favorite series from the eerie graveyards to the ghostly mysteries. THE AWAKENING by Amanda Stevens wraps up the series (for now) and provided answers as we watch Amelia Gray face down her fears. Atmospheric and suspenseful I simply devoured this tale.
Five Caffeinated reasons to grab The Awakening
- One of my favorite aspects of this series are the cemeteries and mysteries concerning the dead. Stevens creates these haunting ghost stories weaving past and present. Amelia, our protagonist, is a graveyard restorer with a unique gift. She can see and communicate with the dead. Some say, there is a bright light within her that draws them. Amelia fears these entities, but her need for answers soon leads her to help them. In THE AWAKENING, she is restoring the Woodbine Cemetry where she discovers unmarked children’s graves and a ghostly child demanding justice. There are other dangers, and not all live in the realm of the dead.
- The cemeteries from the headstones to how they are plotted fascinate me. Stevens through Amelia shares tidbits that feed my curiosity.
- Amanda Stevens creates these atmospheric scenes that are deliciously terrifying. She visually pulls the reader right into the story. I could see and sense our ghostly apparition and the darker entities that pursue Amelia. It was creeptastic.
- There has been a romantic thread throughout the series, and readers are rewarded with answers and more.
- In THE AWAKENING the Delvin family is smack dab in the middle of Amelia’s murder mystery. To complicate things John’s grandfather seeks out Amelia, a friendship she has is called into question, and someone wanted Amelia working at the Woodbine Cemetery. Stevens takes all these threads and weaves a brilliant tale filled with twists and turns. The ending was absolutely brilliant. So clever Ms. Stevens!
I am saddened to see this series end. Each book in the Graveyard Queen has outdone the next. If you love mysteries with a little paranormal woo-woo and depth, this series is a must!The Awakening by Amanda Stevens offers chills, revelations and a brilliant end to this series. Click To Tweet
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.