by Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #10
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy's bond with the pack and her mate is broken, she'll learn what it truly means to be alone...
Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...
Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...
Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs is the tenth novel in the wildly popular Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series. Trouble has a way of finding Mercy and this time she ends up alone and in Europe. From the non-linear timeline to the Doctor Who comments I loved Silence Fallen.
I devoured Silence Fallen in a single day and enjoyed seeing the supernatural creatures of the Tri-Cities work together. The tale is broken up into chapters giving us both Mercy’s and Adam’s perspective. It is told in a non-linear fashion, but don’t worry, Briggs aids us with clever messages atop of each chapter.
There were so many things I loved about Silence Fallen
- Mercy is smart, resourceful and badass. We learned more about Mercy and her abilities while she moved through Europe. She found herself in more than one pickle and handled it well.
- We spend time with Adam and his wolf. Gads, I love the man and love that he is both diplomatic and a complete alpha. We see him engage in enemy territory and use the resources and friendships he and Mercy have formed.
- Adam doesn’t go to Europe alone, and I loved seeing these characters work together. It was impressive to see this motley team of power address the enemy.
- Doctor Who. I loved, loved, loved how Briggs weaved in Doctor Who references. I think I swooned when Adam knew who the doctors were. Briggs fed my inner nerd, and the whole character..yeah. AWESOME!
- The Vampire empires and Wolf clans of Europe….have mercy! I loved the darker threads, the ghosts, and other creatures we encountered. It was fun, exciting and dangerous with just enough flair that I could not set the book down.
- Despite the danger, Briggs managed to weave in the humor, snark, and bite I have come to expect. I love these characters and cannot wait for more.
I highly recommend you grab Silence Fallen, snuggle up in your favorite chair and travel with the pack to Europe. You won’t be sorry.Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs delivered w/ its Doctor Who references and unique timeline Click To Tweet
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone