by Sarah Morgan
Series: O'Neil Brothers #3
Genres: Contemporary Romance
This winter, ex-skiing champion, reformed heartbreaker and single dad Tyler O'Neil has only one mission—making sure his daughter, Jess, has the best Christmas ever. The fact that his best friend, Brenna, is also temporarily moving into his chalet at the overbooked Snow Crystal resort is a delicious distraction he's simply going to have to ignore. Theirs is the one relationship he's never ruined, and he's not about to start now. Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she's been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture…how can she concentrate on being his friend when he's sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she's always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?
I have loved reading Sarah Morgan’s O’Neil Brothers series. I started the series last year with Sleigh Bells in the Snow during the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon so it was only fitting that I ended it with Maybe This Christmas during this year’s read-a-thon. Some of my favorite romances are small-town, family oriented like Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series and Bella Andre’s Sullivans. Morgan offered up wonderful brothers, a ski resort in Snow Crystal, Vermont and just the right amount of heat for a chilly winter’s night.
Five Caffeinated Reasons to grab a cup of Cocoa and snuggle up with Maybe This Christmas
- Brenna Daniels and Tyler O’Neil a friend to lover’s romance that I have been rooting for since book one. I love this troupe and you could not ask for characters that are more delightful. Stubborn, a little wounded, caring to their core and so in love with each other but too fearful to take a chance…yep. I was melting over here.
- The Snow Crystal Resort..ooh the setting for this series made me delicious happy from the slopes to Moose encounters. The lodge, family and community give you a well-rounded tale. I so want to book a chalet for the weekend. While I am not interesting in skiing. Hikes, the food and reading by the fire as I look out at all the snow and mountains. *gasp* Who wants to go with me?
- Jess is Tyler O’Neil’s thirteen going on thirty daughter. She is quite the character from her matchmaking skills to her own self-esteem issues. Jess’s story tugged at my heartstrings and I rooted for her and her adorable, ornery dogs.
- Meddling family members and friends helped make the romance even more interesting. Maybe they should close the resort and open a matchmaking business. I laughed over the subtle and not so subtle plans to throw Brenna and Tyler together. Nothing says love like family and friends meddling.
- The romance was heartfelt, and had moments of laughter as well as heat. I giggled so hard it brought me to tears. Morgan allowed the characters to grow, take chances and try and find their happy without too much angst. The heat was rather mild but ooh-la-la it was delicious and toe tingling. The story felt genuine and for fans of Brenna and Tyler, the wait was worth it.
Maybe This Christmas will work as a standalone, and delivers holiday goodness but I recommend starting a fire and curling up with the entire series. Why leave any of the brothers out?
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone