by A.L. Jackson
Series: Closer to You #2
Genres: Contemporary Romance
A second chance at life…
A second chance at love…
Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive himself for what happened to them. How can he allow himself the very happiness he once destroyed? To live a life worthy of Aly, Jared knows he has to stop running and finally put his past to rest. But when he decides to face his demons head on, he encounters more than he bargained for: a dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. And he’ll fight to protect her no matter what it costs…even if he destroys himself in the process
Earlier this year I consumed Closer to You by A. L. Jackson and fell hard for her characters. It was a beautiful, turbulent start to Jared Holt and Aly Moore’s relationship. I was anxious to see how things developed in Come to Me Softly. I was worried it would be drama filled, but Jackson gave her characters depth and allowed them to grow. I quickly became lost within the pages of Come to Me Softly. I laughed, felt their pain and shared in their joy. Beautifully written, I highly recommend the Closer to You series.
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and lose yourself in Come to Me Softly:
1. Beautiful writing that allows you to feel without overdoing the drama or falling into the familiar tropes of New Adult. The events and situations have a raw, realistic quality. While Jared is flawed, his story is incredibly developed, and the characters take a realistic approach to addressing their issues. Families, friends, responsibilities and mutual respect are all present.
2. You are a fan of developed characters. Jared is a damaged man, who has lost his way and is fighting to atone but beneath it all lies this beautiful soul. In Jared, Jackson has created someone you will swoon over, fear, love and want to snuggle. Aly is strong, had a secure upbringing and is close to her family. She is not naïve, but loves Jared enough to fight for him. Christopher is Jared best friend, and Aly’s brother. He is supportive but does not hold back. I am very curious about him. Jackson teases us just enough to have me excited for his story.
3. Friends to Lovers, Jared, Christopher and Aly, were childhood friends. They were neighbors who shared holidays, and Fourth of July picnics. Aly has loved Jared since she was six, and I loved that she stood by him when his world crumbled..even if he did not realize she was there. Friendship plays a substantial role throughout this series. I adore that Jackson has given Jared stand-up friends who not only support him, but also suggest help when it is needed.
4. Come to Me Softly had a captivating storyline that allowed me to become wrapped up in the characters. I laughed, cried, swooned and cheered in search of my HEA.
5. Forgiveness, survivors’ guilt, family and finding peace so that you can move forward are key elements to this tale. Jackson did an excellent job of allowing us to experience not only Jared’s emotions, but also the effect they had on those around him. It was beautiful, and the romance between Jared and Aly only enhanced the experience.
If you are looking for a series and author similar to Jessica Sorenson, Colleen Hoover and J. Lynn then I suggest you try the Closer to You series. Come to Me Quietly and Come to Me Softly are beautifully written with characters you cannot help but love. Come to Me Recklessly will be released in 2015 and shares Christopher’s story.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone