by Dannika Dark
Series: Crossbreed #3
Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 10 hours and 37 minutes
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 5 cups
The explosive third installment in the Crossbreed Series by USA Today Bestselling author Dannika Dark.
For Raven Black, hunting criminals is second nature. So is denial. It’s not easy moving forward with one foot stuck in the past. But a new case offers her a much-needed distraction when Keystone accepts their toughest assignment yet—to track down an elusive criminal who’s selling children on the black market.
Their investigation leads them deep into the underbelly of the Breed world, a place both treacherous and enticing. With no room for mistakes, Raven makes a tough decision to lock the door to her past before it interferes with her job. The only trouble? Christian holds the key.
The stakes are high, and a shocking twist turns everything on its head. Will they catch this criminal before more lives are lost?
I freaking love this series. Now grab your earbuds and listen. Too much? *reins in fangirl self*
Deathtrap by Dannika Dark is the third novel, in her urban fantasy series, Crossbreed. Each book is better than the previous as bonds develop, our heroine grows, and sexual tension mounts between partners. And as if that isn’t enough we get an action-packed, hold your breath, case to solve.
Caffeinated reasons to your earbuds and listen to Deathtrap
- I swear Dannika Dark is like crack and Nicole Poole is her dealer. Dark writes fantastic characters and engaging worlds and storylines. Poole magically brings them all to life creating the perfect pairing. I love when each character has a distinct voice and personality. Our heroine Raven Black and her partner Christian Poe along with the rest of the members of Keystone handle unsolved murders, kidnappings and breed crimes others can’t or won’t.
- Raven is such a cool protagonist. From her backstory to the growth we witness in each installment. You cannot help but love her, laugh with her, and become caught up in her emotions. She is bright, tenacious, and a total kickass. Better yet, she does not whine. Hallelujah!
- The cases the Keystone group tackle delivered action-packed scenes, near death moments and all kinds of supernatural creatures. The stories have a realistic feel woven into the paranormal aspects, and I like that they are fully developed. In Deathtrap, we tackle children being sold on the black-market. Dark sheds light on this series crisis while entertaining the reader.
- What makes Dark such a phenomenal author and this series a standout are the characters. I’ve become a member of Keystone and become wholly caught up in the back and forth banter, support and inner workings of this dynamic group. I laughed aloud, screamed at my audio player, and giggle-snorted as I listened. I subjected my hubby to verbal diarrhea as I quoted and shared. If I am going to sacrifice sleep, it will be to hear just one more chapter.
- There is a slow-building, deliciously sweet, banter-filled, witty and OMG so freakin’ hot romance developing between Raven and Christian. For fans of Dark, we met Poe in the Mageri series, and I for one just adore this smexy vampire. These two are walking a thin, dangerous line, and I loved every tidbit, thread and moment.
- The overall series ARCs and developments add to the cases keeping readers fully engaged and eager for more.
If you have never tried Dark, the Crossbreed series is one of her best. For fans, don’t let Deathtrap collect dust or hold off on buying it…it’s worth dropping every dang thing! For Dannika Dark, I need Gaslight STAT. Please and thank you!Dannika Dark is like crack, and Nicole Poole is her dealer. Deathtrap by Dannika Dark #audio Click To Tweet
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.