by Dannika Dark
Series: Crossbreed #3
Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 10 hours and 37 minutes
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 5 cups
The explosive third installment in the Crossbreed Series by USA Today Bestselling author Dannika Dark.
For Raven Black, hunting criminals is second nature. So is denial. It’s not easy moving forward with one foot stuck in the past. But a new case offers her a much-needed distraction when Keystone accepts their toughest assignment yet—to track down an elusive criminal who’s selling children on the black market.
Their investigation leads them deep into the underbelly of the Breed world, a place both treacherous and enticing. With no room for mistakes, Raven makes a tough decision to lock the door to her past before it interferes with her job. The only trouble? Christian holds the key.
The stakes are high, and a shocking twist turns everything on its head. Will they catch this criminal before more lives are lost?
I freaking love this series. Now grab your earbuds and listen. Too much? *reins in fangirl self*
Deathtrap by Dannika Dark is the third novel, in her urban fantasy series, Crossbreed. Each book is better than the previous as bonds develop, our heroine grows, and sexual tension mounts between partners. And as if that isn’t enough we get an action-packed, hold your breath, case to solve.
Caffeinated reasons to your earbuds and listen to Deathtrap
- I swear Dannika Dark is like crack and Nicole Poole is her dealer. Dark writes fantastic characters and engaging worlds and storylines. Poole magically brings them all to life creating the perfect pairing. I love when each character has a distinct voice and personality. Our heroine Raven Black and her partner Christian Poe along with the rest of the members of Keystone handle unsolved murders, kidnappings and breed crimes others can’t or won’t.
- Raven is such a cool protagonist. From her backstory to the growth we witness in each installment. You cannot help but love her, laugh with her, and become caught up in her emotions. She is bright, tenacious, and a total kickass. Better yet, she does not whine. Hallelujah!
- The cases the Keystone group tackle delivered action-packed scenes, near death moments and all kinds of supernatural creatures. The stories have a realistic feel woven into the paranormal aspects, and I like that they are fully developed. In Deathtrap, we tackle children being sold on the black-market. Dark sheds light on this series crisis while entertaining the reader.
- What makes Dark such a phenomenal author and this series a standout are the characters. I’ve become a member of Keystone and become wholly caught up in the back and forth banter, support and inner workings of this dynamic group. I laughed aloud, screamed at my audio player, and giggle-snorted as I listened. I subjected my hubby to verbal diarrhea as I quoted and shared. If I am going to sacrifice sleep, it will be to hear just one more chapter.
- There is a slow-building, deliciously sweet, banter-filled, witty and OMG so freakin’ hot romance developing between Raven and Christian. For fans of Dark, we met Poe in the Mageri series, and I for one just adore this smexy vampire. These two are walking a thin, dangerous line, and I loved every tidbit, thread and moment.
- The overall series ARCs and developments add to the cases keeping readers fully engaged and eager for more.
If you have never tried Dark, the Crossbreed series is one of her best. For fans, don’t let Deathtrap collect dust or hold off on buying it…it’s worth dropping every dang thing! For Dannika Dark, I need Gaslight STAT. Please and thank you!
[bctt tweet=”Dannika Dark is like crack, and Nicole Poole is her dealer. Deathtrap by Dannika Dark #audio” username=”kimbacaffeinate”]
I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on the next book!!!!
I really need to start this series. I seem to keep getting further and further behind on Dannika Dark books. I will have to do some binging soon.
Eep..yes she is a new favorite for me and I have like 2 audios left then I am left waiting for a new release!
Tanya @ Rantings of a Reading Addict
I’m thinking of making this series my next listen. Is this a spin-off? I’ve got a few of Dannika Dark’s audios that I’ve picked up at Audible and want to make sure I start at the right place. I’m excited after seeing your reviews on all Dark’s work. I’m almost tempted to dnf this audio I’m listening now so I can listen to something I know I’m going to like. I need to find out where to start with Dannika Dark!
Tanya @ Rantings of a Reading Addict
Ok, I skimmed comments, so I should read the Mageri series first? I think I have those, will have to check it out.
Yes Mageri first Tanya as that is where we first meet Christian Poe 🙂
I don’t think I’ve heard of this series before, but colour me intrigued! It’s definitely one that will be going on my list for future reading 🙂 I feel like you’re the one dealing me books today!
Angela @ Angel's Guilty Pleasures
So glad to see you are enjoying this series. I own books 1 & 2, but haven’t read them yet. I’m waiting for the audio from my library for book 1. I was surprised to see they had Ms. Dark. ^_^
Wahoo Angela. Glad the library has them.
Ah yet another author I need to try because of your love of her novels.
Thanks Kim this series looks fab.
Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books
I have not read this author but you are making me want to pick up her audiobooks! I will never catch up!
I managed all of her series this year on audio. So good, and ones you simply devour 🙂
I just finished listening to the first book and loved it. I have a crush on Christian lol. I have to start the next book soon.
Yes! Did you listen to the Mageri series with Christian? I adore him.
No, but I’ll start that series soon. This is another new author for me to catch up on their books. My TBR keeps growing lol.
Loved this book and love this series
Yay, glad you are a fan too!
I need to get on board with this series. Great review.
Ooo yes, you do Nadene!
I think I need this series in my life. Some of my favorite UFs are ending and I am scrambling for new ones. Headed to library online to see if I can get this.
YES, Heidi. I started with Seven, then did Mageri and Crossbreeds. Doesn’t matter when you start Seven, as they don’t have character crossover, but Mageri before Crossbreed.
Sarah @ A Weebish Book Blog
You’ve been raving about this author for awhile and I’ve been searching for more UF series as I’ve been finishing them up lately. Might just need to pick up this series 🙂
So many beloved UF series are wrapping up that it is depressing. Dark rocks, so I hope you start one of the 3 series soon 🙂
Jenea's Book Obsession
Wow, this sounds amazing! I have to look into the first books now as well.
*nods* You’ll thank me later 🙂
Angela @ Simply Angela
I’m so eager to start this series, I have them on Kindle. Now I’m thinking I *need* the audiobooks. lol
YESSSSS audio is the way to go Angela 🙂
And cue the happy dancing! I am beyond happy that you love Dannika Dark now and this book was sooo good! I need to get the audiobook as well because I do love Nichole Poole as well.
Winning the Seven series on audio was the best dang thing that ever happened to me. I am loving this author. I am listening to Shine right now. So look for the last few Mageri reviews before year end. I may just grab all the novellas since I will be jones like the rest of you 🙂
You will love the novellas! Closer relates to Shine actually.
I know I own the first two in this series so I’m so glad to hear how much you’re enjoying them. I really am missing UF and must find some time for it!
Woot! You are in for a treat. Have you read the Mageri series? If not, I recommend you read/listen to those first as Poe is in them and trust me, you want to know him!
I need to try one by her …..soon
Indeed my friend.
Love the cover and your review. I loved your tweet message and shared it.
Hehehe..yeah that was a good one.
These characters sound like fun, Kim! I need to check out this series. And eep that romance!!
Great review, Kim!
So good Nick. I hope you try them!
Geybie's Book Blog
Oh wow, you’re killing me now. Your excitement is really contagious, Kim. I’m SUPER curious. I’m planning on reading a paranormal/urban fantasy series this month. Awesome review, my friend. ❤️
I have listened to all of her series and you need to try her!