by J.T. Ellison
Narrator: Matthew Waterson, Saskia Maarleveld, Sarah Naughton, Julia Whelan
Length: 11 hours and 36 minutes
Genres: Suspense Thriller
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4 cups
They built a life on lies.Sutton and Ethan Montclair's idyllic life is not as it appears. The couple seems made for each other, but the truth is ugly. Consumed by professional and personal betrayals and financial woes, the two both love and hate each other. As tensions mount, Sutton disappears, leaving behind a note saying not to look for her.Ethan finds himself the target of vicious gossip as friends, family, and the media speculate on what really happened to Sutton Montclair. As the police investigate, the lies the couple have been spinning for years quickly unravel. Is Ethan a killer? Is he being set up? Did Sutton hate him enough to kill the child she never wanted and then herself? The path to the answers is full of twists that will leave the reader breathless.
Lie to Me by J.T. Ellison delivered a psychological suspense thriller with unreliable narrators and plenty of twists to keep me listening. With a full cast of narrators, Ellison kept me on edge.
Caffeinated Reasons to Grab Your Earbuds and Listen to Lie to Me:
- You enjoyed books like Gone Girl, Girl on the Train and edge of your seat tales. Lie to Me hooks you from the first pages when Ethan Montclair’s wife Sutton leaves an ominous note and disappears, leaving everything behind including her ID and purse.
- Ellison shares both past and present in the Montclair’s marriage, courtship, and daily trials making you question everything. If you love unreliable narrators and picking apart, the subtle clues given in Lie to Me.
- I bounced back and forth between believing her and him. As I read chapters by each, I started to question their motives. Did he kill her? Has she gone all GONE GIRL on him? Ellison did an excellent job of making me both loathe and feel for these characters. Trust me, we will never be besties as I found them to be self-centered and arrogant, but slowly Ellison introduced twists that had me rethinking everything.
- Multiple perspectives, suspenseful scenes, and the buildup were all well developed and had an air of believability.
- Matthew Waterson, Saskia Maarleveld, Sarah Naughton, and Julia Whelan narrate which enhanced the tale and made the change in perspectives seamless. Each did an exceptional job portraying their characters as the author intended.
- Ellison surprised me with events and discoveries before delivering a satisfying conclusion.
As with any good book in this genre, I have kept things vague. I recommend Lie to Me to fans of psychological thrillers and unreliable narrators. With the full cast of narrators, this is the perfect fall listen.Lie to Me by J.T Ellison delivered a psychological thriller w/ unreliable narrators and twists #audio Click To Tweet