by Jayne Castle
Series: Harmony #13
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
A new adventure begins on Harmony…
With its opulent casinos and hotels, the desert city of Illusion Town is totally unique—and will take you on a thrill ride you’ll never forget.
Hannah West isn’t the first woman to wake up in Illusion Town married to a man she barely knows, but she has no memory of the ceremony at all. For that matter, neither does Elias Coppersmith, her new husband. All either can remember is that they were on the run…
With Hannah’s dubious background and shaky para-psych profile, she could have done much worse. The cooly competent mining heir arouses her curiosity—as well as other parts of her mind and body. And even her dust bunny likes him.
But a honeymoon spent retracing their footsteps leads Hannah and Elias into the twisting underground catacombs, where secrets from both their pasts will come to light—and where the energy of their clashing auras will grow hot enough to burn…
Illusion Town by Jayne Castle is the thirteenth book in the Harmony series and works as a standalone. This paranormal suspense takes us to Illusion Town, Harmony’s version of Vegas with its opulent casinos and hotels. For Finder, Hannah West, things are about to become intense as she wakes up married and in danger. Fast-paced with suspense, twist, and a delicious romance Illusion Town delivered all that I have come to love from this author.
Five reasons to grab Illusion Town
- Off planet paranormal woo-woo – Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz) has created a futuristic planet where inhabitants of Earth have relocated. The series ties into her Arcane series but books in this series work as standalone and some are broken into trilogies. Harmony is a fascinating planet filled with underground catacombs and ancient alien technology left by earlier inhabitants of the planet. Castle brilliantly explains the world from the colonized cities to the strange paranormal elements.
- The characters will quickly pull you in as Castle reveals their secrets.- Elias Coopersmith is a member of the Coppersmith Mining Family. Fans of the series are familiar with this family and Elias’ siblings. Elias will be heading up the mining of Ghost City located just outside Illusion Town. Elias is an engineer with a special talent for working stones. Recently he hired Hannah West a dream talent with a finder ability to locate a missing family ring. The two have developed an online rapport and now that the job is finished, Elias’ asks Hannah out to dinner. This was essentially a blind date and I had a blast with the way Castle unfolded their story. Secondary characters from Hannah’s Aunts, locals, and villains added depth and pulled me into Illusion Town.
- The plot was delicious, suspenseful and action packed. Elias picks Hannah up for their date and the next thing you know the two of them wake up in a hotel room with no memory of the previous night. She has a fortune in her purse and he has an MC in his wallet. An MC is a marriage of convenience and apparently, sometime last night these two tied the knot! As they retrace their steps, they soon discover they’re in danger and the tale that unfolds delivered a well-crafted mystery, danger and a slow-building romance.
- Dust bunnies If you have never met these delightful creatures who inhabit Harmony and befriend talents you are missing out. Wait until you meet Virgil our little furry fluff ball. I love getting to know each of the bunnies as much as I do their owners and Virgil made me laugh.
- The writing While these books tend to have a formulaic plot the characters, mystery and dust bunnies always manage to keep things fresh. Honestly, I devour them in a single sitting and then huff about it because I am once again counting down the days until my next visit. Castle quickly pulls the reader in with her suspenseful plots and delivers genuine romances with characters who make you swoon and laugh.
Illusion Town was another wonderful installment in Harmony series. I loved the new town and its inhabitants. I am hoping we continue to have more stories set in and around Illusion Town.
Caffeinated shares Five Reasons to Grab Illusion Town by Jayne Castle #review #paranormal #romance Click To Tweet