by Sarah Fine
Series: Servants of Fate #2
Published by: Brilliance Audio
Narrator: Emily Foster
Length: 10 hrs and 1 min
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist with a tragic past, is determined to fulfill her destiny and develop the vaccine that could save millions. Yet when Galena’s test subjects meet with foul play, it’s clear that someone is still determined to stop her, and that Galena herself is a target. As the Ferry empire forges a plan to keep her safe, Declan Ferry, the politics-hating black sheep of the family, steps forward to protect her—but the emotional cost may be more than either of them is willing to pay. As unknown enemies close in, it becomes terrifyingly clear that they threaten to destroy not only Galena’s lifesaving work but also the very fabric of fate. As Galena and Declan race to uncover the traitor, they also forge a special bond that could save both Galena and those she’s sworn to help. Torn apart by the past and hunted by those she trusted, can Galena find room amidst her fears for a passion that could make her stronger than ever? And even if she and Declan can find their way together, will it be enough to keep the future from coming apart at the seams?
Claimed is the second book in the Servants of Fate series by Sarah Fine. Claimed is an adult urban fantasy that is heavy on romance and laced with suspense and action making it perfect for an audio listen. From the world to the attacks on Galena Margolis, Claimed grabbed me and never let go.
Five Caffeinated reasons to grab Claimed and listen
- Claimed centers on Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist whose research is fated to save millions with a vaccine she will eventually develop. When her test subjects and assistants begin, turning up dead it becomes clear that someone wants her research stopped. Delcan Ferry considered the black sheep of the family for choosing a life of saving others instead of entering the family business steps up to protect Galena. Ladies, let it be known that Delcan can step in and save me anytime. In fact, I think I may be in need of some mouth-to-mouth resuscitation STAT.
- The Ferry empire devices a way to protect Galena and ooh-la-la things are about to get interesting. Galena has some emotional baggage to deal with making the details and romance have substance. We learned about her past in the previous novel Marked. I recommend reading this series in order to fully appreciate the characters and overall ARC. Although, Fine does an excellent job of bring you up to speed.
- Claimed is stronger than its predecessor Marked giving the reader greater understanding of the Ferrys and the Keres. We also gain more knowledge of the Fates and the world between. The overall story ARC for the series weaves mythology regarding Fate and the Fabric of Time. The world, gadgets and villains are incredible and Fine describes them so vividly I can actual see them. Emily Foster does a great job of portraying the characters and their emotions notching up the action and suspense all while adding another layer to the romance.
- Fine grabs you from page one, delivering twists, turns, suspense and danger. The central stories are the attacks against Galena and her romance but Fine weaves in side stories creating a well-balanced tale. The romance is strong focal point giving this a paranormal romance vibe and I enjoyed the mixing of genres. Fine dabbles with the arrangement trope weaving in Ferry magic and setting obstacles in their way. The actions scenes and danger our characters face were well developed. Each scene played out allowing us to experience all of the excitement and danger.
- Claimed has both a closed ending and a cliffhanger. The romance is wrapped up with an HEA, but the danger is far from over and the fate of the Ferry, Keres and humans is undetermined. Ending scenes have me curious about the next couple and installment. I am anxious to see what twists and turns await us in this fascinating world.
If urban fantasy, excellent writing and romance are you thing you’d be crazy not to grab the Servants of Fate series. My only complaint is that I want the audio to release on the same day as the book..waiting was killer but at least it was worth it.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/197437633″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone