by Sarah Fine
Series: Servants of Fate #2
Narrator: Emily Foster
Length: 10 hrs and 1 min
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4 cups
Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist with a tragic past, is determined to fulfill her destiny and develop the vaccine that could save millions. Yet when Galena’s test subjects meet with foul play, it’s clear that someone is still determined to stop her, and that Galena herself is a target. As the Ferry empire forges a plan to keep her safe, Declan Ferry, the politics-hating black sheep of the family, steps forward to protect her—but the emotional cost may be more than either of them is willing to pay. As unknown enemies close in, it becomes terrifyingly clear that they threaten to destroy not only Galena’s lifesaving work but also the very fabric of fate. As Galena and Declan race to uncover the traitor, they also forge a special bond that could save both Galena and those she’s sworn to help. Torn apart by the past and hunted by those she trusted, can Galena find room amidst her fears for a passion that could make her stronger than ever? And even if she and Declan can find their way together, will it be enough to keep the future from coming apart at the seams?
Claimed is the second book in the Servants of Fate series by Sarah Fine. Claimed is an adult urban fantasy that is heavy on romance and laced with suspense and action making it perfect for an audio listen. From the world to the attacks on Galena Margolis, Claimed grabbed me and never let go.
Five Caffeinated reasons to grab Claimed and listen
- Claimed centers on Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist whose research is fated to save millions with a vaccine she will eventually develop. When her test subjects and assistants begin, turning up dead it becomes clear that someone wants her research stopped. Delcan Ferry considered the black sheep of the family for choosing a life of saving others instead of entering the family business steps up to protect Galena. Ladies, let it be known that Delcan can step in and save me any time. In fact, I think I may be in need of some mouth-to-mouth resuscitation STAT.
- The Ferry empire devices a way to protect Galena and ooh-la-la things are about to get interesting. Galena has some emotional baggage to deal with making the details and romance have substance. We learned about her past in the previous novel Marked. I recommend reading this series in order to fully appreciate the characters and overall ARC. Although, Fine does an excellent job of bringing you up to speed.
- Claimed is stronger than its predecessor Marked giving the reader greater understanding of the Ferrys and the Keres. We also gain more knowledge of the Fates and the world between. The overall story ARC for the series weaves mythology regarding Fate and the Fabric of Time. The world, gadgets, and villains are incredible and Fine describes them so vividly I can actually see them. Emily Foster does a great job of portraying the characters and their emotions notching up the action and suspense all while adding another layer to the romance.
- Fine grabs you from page one, delivering twists, turns, suspense, and danger. The central stories are the attacks against Galena and her romance but Fine weaves inside stories creating a well-balanced tale. The romance is strong focal point giving this a paranormal romance vibe and I enjoyed the mixing of genres. Fine dabbles with the arrangement trope weaving in Ferry magic and setting obstacles in their way. The actions scenes and danger our characters face were well developed. Each scene played out allowing us to experience all of the excitement and danger.
- Claimed has both a closed ending and a cliffhanger. The romance is wrapped up with an HEA, but the danger is far from over and the fate of the Ferry, Keres, and humans is undetermined. Ending scenes have me curious about the next couple and installment. I am anxious to see what twists and turns await us in this fascinating world.
If urban fantasy, excellent writing, and romance are your thing you’d be crazy not to grab the Servants of Fate series. My only complaint is that I want the audio to release on the same day as the book..waiting was killer but at least it was worth it.
It seems like with reading this one we are in for a wild ride. I have to give it to this author – it sounds fabulous. Twists and turns, suspense, a closed and cliffhanger ending? I want to see how that works! I have been meaning to try this since I have seen so many positive reviews of book one as well.
I am loving this series and really glad I finally tried Fine.
I haven’t read the first but it’s on my radar and I like that the second still gets a good rating from you! That’s always a positive sign.
I really like this series Mary and appreciate that each book has an HEA of sorts
Sharon - Obsession with Books
I am such a huge Sarah Fine fan, I have just downloaded the first book in this series and can’t wait to read it – I’m pleased to see this was a strong sequel.
A great review Kimba! Sharon – Obsession with Books
These were my first go with Sarah and I can see why you are a fan Sharon 🙂
I haven’t heard of this series, but I have heard of the author. UF, romance, and excellent writing all appeals to me a lot! I may have to put this on my wish list-well the first one anyway 🙂
This has been such a delight Lorna. I love the world, characters and action.
This sounds great! The world building seems like it’s really well done and I must meet Delcan. 😉 Oh, and Galena, too. *ha* I just added both books in the series to my tbr.
The world building is well done and I love the twists.
Oh I forgot I was going to grab the first one on audio! I love Sarah Fine. I’m glad you enjoyed this!
I love it on audio Candace..enjoy!
Science with mythology sounds pretty unique, I’ve seen this authors book around but I’ve never actually checked them out for myself.
It is a neat combo Benish and Fine does it well
I’ve been meaning to read this and now that it’s on audio, I think I will do that. So glad to hear you enjoyed it! 🙂
Yesss..I am loving this series on audio.
I just gotta have this one!! It sounds so amazing. I just might go grab this on audible. Love stories that just grab your focus like this one did for you.
The audibles for this series are fun Renee..enjoy!
I am glad you liked it! I have the series on my TBR pile. One of these days I am going to be able to make a dent in it 🙂
Sweet…hopefully I have enticed you to start sooner rather than later
Brandi Breathes Books
Aw, the scientist reminds me of one of my college friends and bridesmaids
Oh that is cool Brandi.
“Fine grabs you from page one,” — that’s an author’s goal. Thanks for the post.
Yes..and a reader’s dream. I love when I slip right in
I’m going to add this series to my list to check out when I get a chance, the clip sounds great!
YES. I cannot wait to hear what you think Michelle
I like the tie in to the fates mythology and the murder mystery to the plot. He sounds like a handsome and heroic black sheep. 😉
I love the plot and elements too Sophia. This is such a fun series, and would make an awesome tv show
Why haven’t I heard of this series before? Sarah Fine is a name I keep hearing over and over, yet for some reason I’ve never read one of her books. But this series sounds like a lot of fun. I’ll certainly have to check it out.
LOL, Marked was my first Sarah Fine book..this year I am trying to read authors all of my fellow bloggers are raving about and this author has been a winner for me 🙂
I only just read my first Sarah Fine book this year but I absolutely adored it and I need to start on this series of hers as well! Lovely review Kim!
I am glad that you are loving this series and Sarah Fine. I still can’t wait for you to read Sanctum.
Melissa (Books and Things)
Yep, I’m going to have to start this series on audio. You know how I love UF. I think I can handle that kind of cliffie. A lot of UF have those kind but the main story wrapped up. I can deal! LOL
Well, I expected this to be pretty good, as bloggers generally seem to like it. But your review makes their reasons more clear, Kimba. It sounds fantastic! I love the blend of mythology and science you described and a HEA-ending romance is always a plus. I haven’t read Marked yet, but I’m gearing up for it. Outstanding review!
So glad you are adding these to your reading list Ramona.
I so enjoyed the excerpt you shared and your review! I definitely need to put book one on my “BUY THIS BOOK NOW” list. Thanks for sharing, Kimberly!
I am glad to hear that Sarah. This series is a blast.
Wasn’t this fabulous? I loved it even more than the first and can’t wait for the third!
YES. I hated waiting for the audio..but consumed it right away, and it was worth the wait.
This looks like a great book!
It was, I am excited to continue. Thanks Lauren 🙂
Oh Kimba! I got the first one since you mentioned, and I still haven’t got around to it! I need to do that ASAP.
Thank you! Sounds awesome 🙂
What? Hurry up my friend. It is an easy listen and I think you will enjoy it.
Nice review missy! This one looked interesting before but the fact its heavier on the romance makes it more appealing to me. Lol
Ooo you must try my friend..you simply must!
Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
This sounds like a great read…I need some Declan in my life! lol And I’ve been saying that I want to read more Sarah Fine!
These are fun on audio..for the commute!
This sounds Fabulous Kim and I’ve heard of this author, maybe from you? Anyway you’ve convinced me 🙂
So many folks love Sarah Fine..I am glad I finally tried her and this series is an excellent place to start
“Ladies, let it be known that Delcan can step in and save me anytime. In fact, I think I may be in need of some mouth-to-mouth resuscitation STAT”
HAHAHA! LOVE IT! I would totally love to have Declan come save me ANYTIME!
Kim, I’m so so so happy you loved this book. Sarah Fine is one of my favorite authors and when I see my blogger friends read and love her books, it gets me so excited. This one was definitely superior to Marked. I loved that we got to know more about the world building. And I loved Galena and Declan together so much. Their romance was perfect!
I can’t wait for the next book!
Also, you’ve got to try her Guards of Shadowlands and Of Metal and WIshes series. I have a feeling you would LOVE the heck out of them. 🙂
I am so happy I finally tried her books Nick..and yes this series just rocks for me. Those series you mentioned are on my wishlist
I have yet to read anything by Sarah Fine, but I’ve heard such great things about her. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick one of her books up soon!
This series was my first by her Christy. I am glad I finally did:)
I haven’t heard of this one before, but it sounds good! I will keep it in mind and check the first instalment in eBook or paperback out. 🙂
I hope you try it. I think the eBook are really reasonably priced
Ugh, I need to read some Fine! I even have of the books in her other series. Maybe I should just start this one on audio.
I love this series on audio
I still think that looks like YA
LOL, I remember you saying that, but trust me it is adult
Oh yes I remember hearing about this one! It’s great to see that this one is also that good! I wonder why I haven’t tried the series yet mainly as it’s uf! Great review!
I hope you try it Melliane