by Marina Adair
Series: Sugar, Georgia #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
He's trouble she doesn't need . . .Thanks to a cheating fiancé, Josephina Harrington's perfect life just crashed and burned. Moving in with her overbearing parents is definitelynot an option. No, she needs to prove she can make it on her own. And she will-by turning her great-aunt's old plantation house into a destination getaway. She's just not expecting her contractor to be so hands-on-and so totally irresistible.. . . but everything she wants Bad-boy golf champion Brett McGraw figured his hometown of Sugar, Georgia was the perfect place to lay low and get his life back up to par. The leggy blonde with a pint-sized pup is the kind of sweet 'n sassy trouble he never saw coming. She doesn't know a nut from a bolt and before long, he's renovating her house . . . as she steals his heart. Can he convince Josephina that his womanizing ways are in the past and he's ready for forever?
I loved Marina Adair’s St. Helena Vineyard series and was excited to begin her Sugar, Georgia series. Sugar’s Twice as Sweet was southern charm and small-town antics at its best. I laughed, swooned and was swept up by this slow-burning romance.
Five Reasons to grab some hot cocoa and warm up with Sugar’s Twice as Sweet
- The town of Sugar, Georgia and its crazy inhabitants will have you packing your bags to join them. Gun toting grannies, plotting PTA Mom’s and a whole lot of meddling had me laughing and eager for more.
- Adlair is magic with characters you immediately feel connection with. Josephina Harrington believes in fairies and has this utterly charming personality. She is a free spirit with a touch of common sense. I wanted to laugh at her one moment and hug her the next. Brett McGraw at first seems to be a ladies man, but there is a lot more beneath that baseball cap and I ended up adoring him. His back-story will pull at your heartstrings and his love of family will make you melt.
- His brother Cal and his daughter were interesting and I hope we get their story. We meet a lovely Doctor and a widowed cop whom I need to know more about. The old biddies that run the town are colorful. They may look like little old church ladies but bless their hearts they are gun toting, whiskey drinking, poker playing cake-baking souls whom you do not want to mess with. These women are a hoot.
- A slow-burning romance with an occasional hot kiss cultivating into something more will keep you toasty. I loved the banter between Joie and Brett from the intense attraction to the teasing and working together. It was genuine, sweet and I wanted them to find their HEA. Adair allowed both characters to grow and slowly added wood to their flame.
- Character growth, possums, conversations with dogs and a charity fund raiser added humor, a little adventure and brought Sugar, Georgia to life.
- Adair gave us a well-paced tale weaving threads around this delightful romance. She brought Sugar to life from the homestead Joie inherited to two-stepping at the local bar. The tale wrapped up beautifully but left me longing to return to Sugar.
Fans of small-town series will adore Sugar’s Twice as Sweet.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.