by Lori Foster
Series: Summer Resort #2
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
From New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Lori Foster comes the story of two very different women who become sisters of the heart, learning that the best families are made—not given—and love is just around the corner.
Joy is a wealthy single mom who’s estranged from her family and wants to give her five-year-old son the kind of support she never received. Maris grew up with unconditional love from her family and little else and is trying to find her way on her own now that they’re all gone. This summer, Joy and Maris will find the family they’ve always longed for in one another—and love where they least expect it—in Summer’s End.
In Sisters of Summer’s End by Lori Foster, we are headed back to Cooper’s Charm, an RV Campground resort set in picturesque Ohio. It’s almost Halloween and the busy season is winding down..it’s the perfect time to find friendship and love. Snuggle up and enjoy!
Grab your Adirondack chair, a tall iced tea and the Sisters of Summer’s End.
- I love the RV resort setting with its lakeside campground offering cabins, RV hookup and areas for putting up your tent. The staff is what makes this vacation resort special and in this tale we get not one but two romance.
- Joy Lee and her five-year-old son Jack live above the resorts rec center where she coordinates activities for the children who visit. Her sole purpose for the last five years has been taking care of her son, but newcomer and drive-in owner Royce Nakirk soon has her thinking about more…
- Royce is hoping for a new beginning. He has plans for the drive-in and the old home he is repairing. He thinks he wants zero commitments but soon finds he cannot get enough of Joy and Jack.
- Maris Kennedy runs the camp store and guards what is hers. In the first book we watched sparks fly and delightfully snarky banter pass between her and Daron Hardy, the grounds maintenance man. But when Joy and Maris become friends, she begins to see that maybe there is more to Daron than his good looks and playboy persona.
- Foster quickly pulled me with different thread and developments. I adored seeing the friendship develop between Maris and Joy. We learn about their very different backgrounds when Joy’s mother arrives.
- I felt like the romances were more balanced in this second book. Unlike the first, both are giving a fair amount of page time, even if Joy’s is the more dominant. The conflicts for both relationships were kept low on drama, made sense and allowed for growth.
- Both romances brought heat, humor and swoon-worthy moments. Jack was an adorable five-year-old. He made me chuckle and swipe my eyes.
I devoured Sisters of Summer’s End in a single sitting (often the case with Foster) and closed it with a dreamy smile.It's almost Halloween and the busy season is winding down..it's the perfect time to find friendship and love in Sisters of Summer's End by Lori Foster #NewRelease Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: