by Lori Foster
Series: Summer Resort #2
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
From New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Lori Foster comes the story of two very different women who become sisters of the heart, learning that the best families are made—not given—and love is just around the corner.
Joy is a wealthy single mom who’s estranged from her family and wants to give her five-year-old son the kind of support she never received. Maris grew up with unconditional love from her family and little else and is trying to find her way on her own now that they’re all gone. This summer, Joy and Maris will find the family they’ve always longed for in one another—and love where they least expect it—in Summer’s End.
In Sisters of Summer’s End by Lori Foster, we are headed back to Cooper’s Charm, an RV Campground resort set in picturesque Ohio. It’s almost Halloween and the busy season is winding down..it’s the perfect time to find friendship and love. Snuggle up and enjoy!
Grab your Adirondack chair, a tall iced tea and the Sisters of Summer’s End.
- I love the RV resort setting with its lakeside campground offering cabins, RV hookup and areas for putting up your tent. The staff is what makes this vacation resort special and in this tale we get not one but two romance.
- Joy Lee and her five-year-old son Jack live above the resorts rec center where she coordinates activities for the children who visit. Her sole purpose for the last five years has been taking care of her son, but newcomer and drive-in owner Royce Nakirk soon has her thinking about more…
- Royce is hoping for a new beginning. He has plans for the drive-in and the old home he is repairing. He thinks he wants zero commitments but soon finds he cannot get enough of Joy and Jack.
- Maris Kennedy runs the camp store and guards what is hers. In the first book we watched sparks fly and delightfully snarky banter pass between her and Daron Hardy, the grounds maintenance man. But when Joy and Maris become friends, she begins to see that maybe there is more to Daron than his good looks and playboy persona.
- Foster quickly pulled me with different thread and developments. I adored seeing the friendship develop between Maris and Joy. We learn about their very different backgrounds when Joy’s mother arrives.
- I felt like the romances were more balanced in this second book. Unlike the first, both are giving a fair amount of page time, even if Joy’s is the more dominant. The conflicts for both relationships were kept low on drama, made sense and allowed for growth.
- Both romances brought heat, humor and swoon-worthy moments. Jack was an adorable five-year-old. He made me chuckle and swipe my eyes.
I devoured Sisters of Summer’s End in a single sitting (often the case with Foster) and closed it with a dreamy smile.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
I like this author and have read some of her work before. I will have to maybe start this series soon. Great review!
I like the sound of this and cute cover too. I’ve read Lori Foster before and enjoyed her work. Great review! I’m adding this to my wishlist.
Aww, it sounds so sweet and heart-warming!! Added to the TBR!!
Dani @ Perspective of a Writer
oooh 2 romances for the price of one! I love it. I admit that the dog does everything for me. While I would prefer a dragon I will take a pup anyday! ❤️
This sounds like a must read for me. Thanks so much, Kim, for your ongoing reviews and introducing me to new to me authors!
This sounds exactly what I love to read by the pool in the summer. You have definitely convinced me to add this one to my summer reads.
Lindy@ A Bookish Escape
I love Lori Foster, and that you she gives you two balanced, fun, humorous, and swoon-worthy romances in one book! Wonderful Review Kim!
I loved it too Kim!
Tyler H. Jolley
I love when you can find an author whose work is so good that you finish it in one or two sittings. Great review, Kimba!
Lori Foster is still going strong with her stories of love! Hugs…RO
i thought it was romance between 2 girls, I was totally game, until I read the review.. you almost tricked me
Anne - Books of My Heart
There’s nothing like small town summer romance. Wonderful review. I like this author and it sounds like fun.
I spent a few summers in an RV camp near the Texas Gulf. I have so many great memories from that time. Also, the cover for this one has a puppy on it, so that’s an automatic win 🙂
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed this. I just got approved on Edelweiss, so I am itching to read it Great review.
We’re review twinkles today. I really enjoyed this one! I wonder who we will get in the next installment?
Crystal @ Lost in Storyland
I love the title and the cover. (Confession: it’s the puppy that drew me in.)
But it’s your review has me adding this to my TBR. I love the complexity of the characters and how one MC’s relationship with the other MC’s love interest influences the other MC’s perception of her love interest.
Melissa (Books and Things)
Cute! Plus you know the puppy on the cover totally got me. 🙂 Hm.. I do need a swoon-worthy romance in my life. Might have to try this one.
Sounds like a lovely summer romance just right for summer. I always look for ones that are light on drama this time of year.
looks perfect for the summer season
Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library
I read the first one in this series and while I had some issues with suspense thread I absolutely loved everything else. This sounds great and one I definitely want to read.
I really am going to make a point to try this author this summer! Remind me if I forget LOL!
Oh that’s good that both romances were given equal time. I always find that when books have double romances, I tend to favor one more than the other. I love the cover of this book!
Oh that’s nice and the cover is so cute!