by Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #11
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
In this new instalment in the No. 1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves . . .
My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.
And a coyote shapeshifter . . . And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.
Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.
The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.
But we are pack, and we have given our word. We will die to keep it.
I began this series before my audio addiction began and have stayed with the written format. Storm Cursed is the eleventh book in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs and she brings witches, zombies, vampires and more to our door.
…a storm is coming and her name is Death.
I love that this series continues to surprise me with new developments, growth and storylines that keep me up reading past my bedtime. If you haven’t begun the Mercy Thompson series or discovered the Alpha & Omega series I beseech you to run, not walk to your nearest bookstore.
Caffeinated Reasons You’ll Devour Storm Cursed
- Briggs stepped up her game and brought an action-packed tale as witches descend on the Tri-Cities. Before all is said and done Mercy will discover another of her abilities.
- The pack is tasked with security during the human and fae negotiations. Mercy is to act as liaison, but first she needs to deal with some odd zombies and deadly witches.
- Action-packed and plot-driven, Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs grabbed me and never let go.
- I love that we are eleven books in and yet the storyline still feels fresh. Briggs crafted a story that pulled me in. She made me cringe, laugh aloud, swoon and gasp.
- Development and threads regarding secondary characters blew my mind. We see and learn more about Sherwood Post. Zee is present, as is Uncle Mike and Larry the Goblin King. Zee always has Mercy’s back and I enjoyed his presence. Wulfe is a part of our story and oh my! *shivers*
- Trolls, Orgs, and Zombie Goats. This tale had it all as Mercy, the pack and her friends dealt with some nasty witches.
- Briggs delivered as she fleshed out newer characters, shared history on some older ones and scared the bejesus out of me. Dark magic is not to be messed with..lol
- Coyote. Any page time with him is ALWAYS interesting. Some things he said have me eager for more!
Storm Cursed was addictive from begin to end with plenty of development, action and twitchy-witches. My only complaint ..I want more!Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs provided another addictive tale in the #MercyThompson #UrbanFantasy series #NewRelease Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.