by Zelly Jordan
Series: Unbreakable, #1
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
I am many things.
A man. A soldier. Trained to kill. Born to hunt. Focused and lethal. Nothing gets through the stoic control that hides my inner animal, an animal that simmers with rage and power.
And that power makes me the perfect assassin.
My first task—eliminate the vile head of a science lab responsible for creating and distributing a cruel mutation. Easy.
And almost done when suddenly she invades my world. Charlotte—petite, beautiful, and sexy as hell—a cop who claims a past with me that I don’t remember. At all.
Suddenly she’s everywhere, interfering, asking too many questions, endangering herself and my mission, and pushing buttons I didn’t know I had. A dangerous distraction.
My beast is captivated but suspicious, torn between wanting to sink teeth into her and . . . wanting to sink teeth into her. My body craves her.
But . . . I don’t remember her. I don’t trust her. And I don’t trust myself around her.
Who is she? Is she lying? And do I have enough control to not be blinded by her? To protect my secrets and uncover hers?
And who pays the price?
Fractured by Zelly Jordan touted as the first in the Unbreakable, paranormal romance series offered a hot, steamy, and addictive tale until it ended in a major cliffhanger. It felt like someone forgot to hand me the second half of the book. While it was an excellent beginning Fractured, left me frustrated.
- Gruff hero who is a shifter beast. He is a trained operative who doesn’t know he is suffering from memory loss and is working covert ops.
- Charlotte a police detective with the NYPD. She and Kellan’s best friend have been looking for him since he vanished without a trace months ago.
- The plot has some addictive elements, and I was eager for answers. Secrets, amnesia, suspense, quest involving beast DNA, There was a secret commander and missions. Something wasn’t quiet right with the missions and it was fun trying to puzzle things out.
- Hot, steamy sex! I loved the struggle Kellum and the beast have when it comes to Charlotte. He might not remember, but his beasts knows her. It was interesting to see him struggle with a weird sense of déjà vu and his beasts reactions.
- At just under two hundred pages I devoured this in one sitting.
- It leaves us with a serious cliffhanger. In fact, it was like someone handed me half of a book and held the second half ransom.
- Kellum still doesn’t have his memory back and we don’t know who he is working for. Fine, I can deal with a continued ARC but there was no HEA. WTH? While, it was an addictive storyline I struggle to call this a paranormal romance. Because a romance book is defined by offering an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending.
[bctt tweet=”Fractured by Zelly Jordan was a hot, steamy, and addictive tale that left me screaming for more. #cliffy #PNR ” username=”kimbacaffeinate”]
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: