by Sabrina Jeffries
Series: The Duke's Men #3
Genres: Historical Romance, Suspense
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
The third deliciously sexy novel in the New York Times bestselling Duke's Men historical romance series, featuring an investigator who sets out to find gypsies— and unexpectedly finds love. Investigator Tristan Bonnaud has one aim in life— to make sure that his half-brother George can't ever ruin his life again. So when the pesky Lady Zoe Keane, the daughter of the Earl of Olivier, shows up demanding that the Duke's Men find a mysterious gypsy woman, he seizes the opportunity to also hunt for a gypsy friend who knows secrets about George. Tristan doesn't expect to uncover Lady Zoe's family secrets, as well... or end up falling for the woman who will risk all to discover the truth.
I have been thoroughly enjoying the Duke’s Men series by Sabrina Jeffries with its regency romances and suspenseful mysteries. How the Scoundrel Seduces shares investigator Tristan Bonnaud’s story and that of a young woman we met in the last pages of When the Rogue Returns. Tristan is swoon-worthy and I adored seeing him fall. How the Scoundrel Seduces brings us laughter, romance and suspense while tying up some threads from previous books. I consumed this in a single evening and was left pining for the next book.
Five reasons to grab an iced coffee and lose yourself in How the Scoundrel Seduces
1. The Duke’s Men run an investigative agency on Bow-street and they are all yummy, unique, complicated, noble and totally swoon-worthy! Jeffries has fleshed them out with interesting histories and plenty of snark and wit.
2. Lady Zoe Keane is feisty, and daring. I love how independent and persistent she is. On more than one occasion she made me giggle, and I loved her gypsy spirit. The passion shown towards her family’s estate and tenants made her a heroine admire.
3. Tristan Bonnaud is complicated, and sweet even if he denies it. Born a bastard, and mistreated by his brother the rightful heir you cannot help but have a soft spot for him. He made a youthful mistake for the love of his mother and sister and has dearly paid. Tristan has been a favorite since the beginning of this series and I delighted in learning all of his secrets.
4. The mystery of Zoe’s family secret was fascinating and well plotted. Danger and twists kept me thoroughly engaged as I rooted for both characters. Jeffries weaved in characters from Tristan’s own past into Zoe’s secrets which notched up the suspense and satisfied readers of the series.
5. The romance is wonderful from the banter to the heated kisses. Zoe is brazen and I loved how it undid Tristan. From the beginning these two aggravated each other even as they were drawn together. The spark felt genuine and each enhanced the other.
How the Scoundrel Seduces was a delightful edition to the Duke’s Men series and I simply cannot wait for Dominick Manton story in If the Viscount Falls. Fans of Regency romance with suspense, and delightfully swoon-worthy characters will appreciate all the Jeffries has to offer.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.