by Laura Wright
Series: The Cavanaugh Brothers #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Western
In the small town of River Black, Texas, sits the Triple C—a working cattle ranch that sustains the town. But it also holds painful memories and shocking secrets for the Cavanaugh brothers... When the Cavanaugh brothers return home for their father’s funeral, they discover unexpected evidence of the old man’s surprising double life—a son named Blue, who wants the Triple C Ranch as much as they do. The eldest son, Deacon, a wealthy businessman who couldn’t wait to leave the ranch and move on with his life, is looking to use his powerful connections to stop Blue at any cost. He never expected the ranch’s forewoman, Mackenzie Byrd, to get in his way. Mac knows Deacon means to destroy the ranch and therefore destroy her livelihood. But as the two battle for control, their attraction builds. Now Deacon is faced with the choice of a lifetime: Take down the Triple C to feed his need for revenge, or embrace the love of the one person who has broken down every barrier to his heart
Sometimes a book delivers all the elements that I adore and such was the case with Branded by Laura Wright. I accepted the book for review after reading the synopsis and discovering it was a series involving brothers. Branded is the first in the Cavanaugh Brothers series a contemporary romance series set in the small town of River Black, Texas at the Triple C cattle ranch. Wright delivered a hot tale, fleshed out characters, a decade old mystery and family secrets..Yeehaa!
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with Branded
1. You love tales that involve brothers. Yummy brothers, who left the cattle ranch, became successful and harbor angry, hurtful memories regarding their homestead. You love uncovering family secrets and are curious about cold cases. Wright delivered more than a romance, and she had me engaged from the first few pages. Even when I was not reading it, I was thinking about it.
2. Sexy, smart, wounded heroes who are successful but need a woman to show them what is important. Dean Cavanaugh is the oldest brother, and he is determined to destroy all that his father has built. If confident, strong, feisty, heroines who are not afraid to stand their ground are important to you, then you are going to adore Mackenzie Bird.
3. Friendship to Lovers is one of your favorite tropes. The chemistry between Dean and Mackenzie is hot, and I enjoyed their banter. Both are strong willed, but they also listen to each other and their family. The romance started out heated, and while this is mainstream, the heat curled the pages and felt genuine. I like that Wright allowed things to build beyond the passion.
4. You enjoy series where each book deals with one couple, but have common thread. It looks like each book will deal with a brother and we met each of Cavanaugh brothers. They may be brothers, but boy howdy are they all different and smexy.
5. Series that offer an overall ARC that runs through each book. We get another perspective, regarding a cold case that has effected all of the key characters. These little side chapters added suspense and weaved perfectly into the overall story. Based on the cliffy (regarding this case), it is my thinking that the author will continue to give us clues and build this thread throughout the series, and I love the anticipation.
Branded was one heck of a ride with fantastic characters, perfectly paced and intense plot that kept engaged. I love when the elements blend perfectly creating a tale that stands above the rest and Wright delivered that book high I chase. Fans of small-town, family romances, mysteries, westerns and romantic suspense will enjoy Branded and the Cavanaugh brothers. Broken, the next book in the series will share, James Cavanaugh story he haa traveled the world as a horse whisperer and I for one cannot wait. It is set to release October 7, 2014.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone