by Katee Robert
Series: The O'Malleys #6
Narrator: Charlotte North
Length: 9 hours and 50 minutes
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration: 5 cups
Married to the enemy When Keira O'Malley was a child, she used to picture her perfect wedding. The flowers. The dress. Her husband. But nothing could have prepared her for saying "I do" to Dmitri Romanov-cold, domineering, and always one step ahead of everyone else in the ever-shifting power plays of New York City. She agreed to his bargain to secure peace for her family, and she may want the bastard more than she'd ever admit, but she'll be damned if she'll make this marriage easy for him.
Dmitri knows better than to underestimate Keira for one second. Molten desire smolders between them, a dangerous addiction neither can resist. But his enemies are already on the move, and he needs every ounce of his legendary focus and control to keep them alive. Keira could just be his secret weapon-if she doesn't bring him to his knees first.
The Bastard’s Bargain by Katee Robert is the sixth and final novel in the O’Malleys series. There was a delay in the audiobook release that nearly killed me because this is Dmitri Romanov story. The wicked mobster that everyone loves to hate, but cannot help loving.
Charlotte North has narrated the series and is the voice of the O’Malleys, Romanovs, Sheridans and the Hallorans. I was disappointed we had to wait so long for the audio, but equally determined to wait and it paid off in spades.
- Set in the cities of Boston and New York, Dmitri Romanov has been a thorn in the O’Malleys side, unless it comes to Keira O’Malley, the troubled, feisty, foul-mouthed youngest of the O’Malley clan. Romanov is determined to have her, only she might end up having him.
- Steamy and filled with suspense The Bastard’s Bargain was worth the wait.
- Kiera is the youngest O’Malley daughter, and a troubled young woman. Her brother and siblings in their attempt to shelter and protect her have often disregarded her, making her feel lonely, abandoned and unappreciated. She needs to feel valued and when that fails she numbs herself with alcohol and drugs.
- Throughout the series you could just hear Kiera crying out. Romanov has always heard and respected her. In a previous book he makes a promise to her, and now he intends to deliver.
- Dmitri Romanov has been a cold, sometimes heartless bastard throughout the series. By all rights we should hate him, but Robert offered us glimpses of the man beneath those eyes of ice and somehow we knew the right woman could melt his cold, calculating heart.
- Roberts delivered plenty of heart-pounding suspense as villains forge moves and alliances between sworn enemies are made for the greater good.
- For fans of the series we see closure to arc threads.
- The interaction between Keira and Romanov was off the charts. From their snarky banter to sizzling hot heat. It was exactly how I expected these two to be from the passion to the power plays.
While each of the books in this series contain one romance and suspense thread, I recommend that you listen to them in the order of their release. Not only are Kiera and the others mentioned, but Romanov is present from the beginning and you will love to hate and swoon for him! 😍
The Bastard’s Bargain not only delivered the story I hoped for concerning everyone’s favorite bastard it came with a wonderful wrap-up to the overall series. Win-win and worth the wait!
If you haven’t yet met these wild and passionate families I encourage you to grab the series on audio!Steamy and filled with suspense The Bastard’s Bargain by Katee Robert was worth the wait. Narrated by Charlotte North I devoured this heartwarming and wicked tale #iloveaudiobooks Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.