by Jennifer Dawson
Series: Undone #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
I vow. I crave. I give in.
I used to be a nice, normal girl. I had dreams. Good, happy dreams of a white picket fence, 2.5 kids, and a fairytale love that lasts forever. Nobody ever warned me that sometimes, the prince dies three weeks before the wedding.
Like any addict, I swear this time is the last….
Now, I go through my days, a shadow of my former self. I pretend I’m okay, and the people in my life pretend to believe me. But, sometimes, when I can no longer stand the craving, I roam an underground sex club looking for my next hit. It’s dirty and wrong, but I can’t stop, and my only line of defense between them and me, is the rules I’ve designed to keep me safe. The men always abide by my rules. Until I meet him.
And, like any addict, I’m wrong.
I don’t question the instincts that tell me to run. One look at him, standing there, power radiating off him in waves, tells me all I need to know. He will make me crave those happy dreams I’ve left behind. And that is not an option.
Crave is the first in the Undone series by Jennifer Dawson. I love Jen’s Something New series and was excited to dive into Crave. Fleshed out characters and surprising depth will have you falling for Layla and Michael. I absolutely enjoyed their slow-building edgy romance.
Five reasons to curl up with Crave
- This is the fourth book I have read by Jennifer Dawson and I love how developed her stories are. Regardless of the trope, through her characters and creative writing style she allows you to slip in and become involved. Crave is first in the Undone series and I am anxious to learn about all of the characters we met. Layla and Michael’s story was bittersweet and I quickly consumed Crave.
- Layla is a successful business women who once had it all but things fell apart by an unexpected tragedy. In her darkest hours, she craves what she once held dear. Michael is attracted to Layla and knows exactly what she craves. I love how he takes control but allows Layla to feel as if she is taking the lead. The man is hot and his sensitive side is so sweet. Layla’s reaction to him felt genuine.
- This explores the early stages of a dom/sub relationship and it was beautiful, tender and fresh. I would hate to classify this as BDSM, since this just dabbles on the fridges and takes a more realistic approach. If you liked the vibe of Bare It All by Lori Foster, you will enjoy Crave. Even though it touches on the subject, the tale is low on heat and details. Instead the author focuses more on the emotional aspect as Layla heals and finds herself.
- Dawson gives us a full romance, allowing the characters to become friends, trust and find something meaningful. The slow development and delicious tension created as these two tangoed captivate me. Their story felt genuine allowing me to connect. We also meet secondary characters that tickle our interest and whose stories we hope to soon hear.
- Dawson’s grasp of human emotion brings this story unexpected depth. While she brings heat, she also gives us a couple whose passion, pain, love, and emotions we experience first hand. Layla and Michael’s romance is one you will remember long after you close the book.
If you love Foster, Kaye and Dawson’s Something New series you’ll love Crave and the Undone series. Each book will work as a standalone and feature characters we have met along the way. These are my favorite types of series as each book gives you a couple and their experiences.
Tell me what do you CRAVE?
Tour Wide Giveaway
1 US Winner will receive gift basket and a signed copy of CRAVE
Prize package contains:
Decorative reusable storage trunk
Signed copy of CRAVE
$25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
4 Premium Chocolate Truffles
Argan Oil Sugar Scrub w/shower scrunchie
Pink & black Pillar Candle
Black & Pink Chalk Board Flower Pot
Hanging chalk board
Candle Holder with pink sparkly battery votive
3 INT/US winners will receive an e-Copy of CRAVE
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone