by Laura Kaye
Series: Hard Ink #3
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Caught between desire and loyalty… Derek DiMarzio would do anything for the members of his disgraced Special Forces team—sacrifice his body, help a former teammate with a covert operation to restore their honor, and even go behind enemy lines. He just never expected to want the beautiful woman he found there. When a sexy stranger asks questions about her brother, Emilie Garza is torn between loyalty to the brother she once idolized and fear of the war-changed man he's become. Derek’s easy smile and quiet strength tempt Emilie to open up, igniting the desire between them and leading Derek to crave a woman he shouldn’t trust. As the team’s investigation reveals how powerful their enemies are, Derek and Emilie must prove where their loyalties lie before hearts are broken and lives are lost. Because love is too hard to come by to let slip away…
Hard to Come By the third book in the Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye is hands down one of my favorites. Derek and Emile’s story is sweet and hot and we gain more insight into the overall ARC situation. I love spending time with this motley band of brothers and the woman who steal their hearts.
Five Reasons to grab a Mocha Coffee and curl up by the fire with Hard to Come By….
- Derek DiMarzio aka “Marz” is part of a disgraced Special Forces team, who sacrificed his leg to save a teammate and boosted moral until they were rescued. I have had a soft spot for Marz since the beginning and love this gentle, optimistic, caring soul. He can be funny and lightens everyone’s moods.I just want to squeeze him! He is the total package making him a swoon-worthy book boyfriend. I cannot help but smile when I think of him.
- The storyline in Hard to Come By is intense to be sure, but Kaye toned this one down, gone are the over the top elements of the previous book. We get a strong story with all the danger and interaction of the team. Kaye has this gift for drawing you in and holding your attention to the last page. She gives you a connection to her characters.
- We see progress in the overall arc of Hard Ink. We gain significant knowledge and one tidbit changes the game for the men and woman of Hard Ink. I loved the dynamics of the team working together and their shared excitement as pieces fall together. The party is far from over, but the directive is become more honed.
- The romance is a nice mix of sweet and heat. While things progressed rapidly, Kaye made me connect with Marz and Emile allowing me to feel their emotions and the romance felt genuine. Marz surprised me in the bedroom, for such a good boy the man is naughty and it notched up the heat. While the action did not allow for too much cuddle time, I enjoyed the moments they shared.
- The characters in Hard Ink are all strong, well-developed, complicated and swoon-worthy. I love this crew. We are introduced to a new character, Katherine Rixey and gads I so hope we see more of this strong, snarky fireball. Emilie like all of the female characters in Hard Ink is strong, confident and well-rounded. She calls it like she sees it, and I enjoyed her story. My only gripe..shopping Emilie? Really?
Hard to Come By and the Hard Ink series is a fantastic romantic suspense series with a cast of characters you want to spend time with. I cannot wait for Jeremy’s story in the novella, Hard to Be Good and Beckett’s story in Hard to Let Go scheduled for March and July.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone