by Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson
Genres: Anthologies, Urban Fantasy
Mercy Thompson’s world just got a whole lot bigger… A collection of all-new and previously published short stories featuring Mercy Thompson, “one of the best heroines in the urban fantasy genre today” (Fiction Vixen Book Reviews), and the characters she calls friends… Includes the new stories… “Silver” “Roses in Winter” “Redemption” “Hollow” …and reader favorites “Fairy Gifts” “Gray” “Alpha and Omega” “Seeing Eye” “The Star of David” “In Red, with Pearls”
I love Patricia Briggs’ Mercy Thompson series. Since I rarely read novellas Shifting Shadows the complete collection her published short stories involving the Mercy Thompson world had me curious. Shifting Shadows is beautifully compiled, and all of the tales engaged me making this a total win for Briggs’ fans. I walked away with a smile and new books in my TBR pile.
Five Caffeinated Reasons to snag a copy of Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson
1. If you love the Mercy Thompson series, you will love how Briggs’ weaves in tales about secondary characters, fleshing them out, sharing their beginnings and increasing our knowledge of their world.
2. The stories are placed in chronological order and with each tale Brigg’s gives us the details on why she wrote it, for whom and when it took place. I found these little commentaries fascinating.
3. Each novella is well developed with a beginning, middle and end. Even though they were short, I was satisfied at the close of each.
4. Non-Mercy readers can still enjoy these stories and get a taste for both the author and the Mercy Thompson series.
5. The collection contains tidbits of information including those secondary characters you were curious about and more. I have not read Briggs’ Alpha and Omega series, but she shares a short story that had me buying book one, and I actually squealed with excitement.
Shifting Shadows is one of the best anthologies/collections I have ever read and is destined to be a fan favorite.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone