by Heather Graham
Series: Krewe of Hunters #12
Genres: Mystery, Paranormal Romance, Suspense
A haunted house in Key West. Hannah O'Brien, who grew up in the house and now runs it as a B and B, has always had a special ability to see a pair of resident ghosts. But when a man is murdered in the alley behind her place, she's dismayed when his spirit appears, too, asking for help. FBI agent Dallas Samson has a passionate interest in the murder, since the victim's a colleague whose death is connected to the smuggling ring known as Los Lobos—the wolves. Now Dallas is even more committed to chasing them down…. Unaware that Dallas has certain abilities of his own, Hannah calls her cousin Kelsey O'Brien, a member of the FBI's Krewe of Hunters, an elite unit of paranormal investigators. The present-day case is linked to a historical mystery involving salvagers, a curse and a sunken ship. Danger and desire bring Hannah and Dallas together, but to survive, they have to solve the mysteries of the past—and stay alive long enough to solve the crimes of the present!
The Cursed by Heather Graham is the twelfth book in the Krewe of Hunters series but work as a standalone. Each story contains one couple and one mystery to solve all wrapped in paranormal woo-woo. The Krewe of Hunters’ make-up a special unit of the FBI that deals with strange cases. Teams are located throughout the USA. As always, Graham allowed me to slip into the story and enjoy!
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with The Cursed
1. You love murder mysteries, hidden treasure and ghosts. The central theme is an undercover FBI operation and murder of an agent right outside a historic Bed & Breakfast. FBI Agent Dallas Samson believes the murder(s) are connected to a smuggling ring known as Los Lobos. The case was an interesting one with dark elements and sinister suspects. Graham shared the POV of the killer adding to the suspenseful vibe.
2. The setting- Set in the Keys, Graham takes us to a historic Bed & Breakfast and introduces us to the owner, Hannah O’ Brien. Hannah loves her B&B and the ghosts who inhabit it. I liked Hannah and her ghosts only added to the tale. Familiar streets, places and sights added to the authentic feel and made me long to visit.
3. You like your romance to be discreet and severed as a side dish. While the relationship that develops had a physical beginning she allowed it to slowly develop into something deeper. It felt genuine and did not muddle or overshadow the mystery. I enjoyed the banter and chemistry between Dallas and Hannah.
4. You love old legends and historical deets. Hannah does haunted ghost tours and Graham took us on a few regaling us with local legends. I found all of these tales to be fascinating. The B&B ties into the legends making things interesting.
5. Paranormal woo-woo makes you smile. Graham gives her agent and Hannah abilities that allow them to see or communicate with ghosts. The ghost we meet and their stories were well done, and I enjoyed how they assisted in the case.
Heather Graham’s tales always delight, and I read The Cursed in two sittings. The pacing is well done, and the threads balanced. Twists and turns, dark suspects and dangerous moments kept me engaged. The Hexed is the next book in the Krewe of Hunters series and will release in July 2014.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.