by Felicity Heaton
Series: Eternal Mates #1
Narrator: Charlotte Wright
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4.5 cups
Olivia thinks it’s her lucky night when a dangerously handsome unconscious fae ends up on her inspection table. He’s her chance to redeem herself with her employer, the demon-hunting organisation, Archangel. But when the tall, dark and deadly immortal warrior awakes, she gets much more than she bargained for…
Attacked by his enemy in the elf kingdom, the last thing Prince Loren expects when he comes around is a beautiful angel watching over him and medical technology of the mortal realm. Hazy from his injuries, all he can focus on is the pulse ticking in her throat and the sweet allure of her blood.
One single bite reveals she is his eternal mate, triggering a bond between them that will leave him weakened until it is complete… or broken, and pulling Olivia into the crossfire of his ancient feud.
To protect his people and his mate from the machinations of a madman, Loren must risk everything by working with Olivia at Archangel to find a way to break the bond blossoming between them.
But will Loren be strong enough to place duty before desire and give up the one thing he has waited millennia for and craves above all others—his eternal mate? And will Olivia be able to resist the incredible heat that burns between them and the temptation of her dark prince’s kiss?
I have had a craving for paranormal and urban fantasy and when offered a chance to review Kissed by a Dark Prince by Felicity Heaton the first in her Eternal Mates series I jumped. Heaton grabbed me from the very first chapters delighting me with her unique world, sexy alpha, and superb narration.
Five reasons to grab your earbuds and listen to Kissed by a Dark Prince
- Heaton has long been on my list of authors to try and I quickly saw why readers enjoy her brand of paranormal romance. The world-building is brilliant and fresh. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Elves! I was tickled to find not only FAE in a paranormal fiction but to see them in a completely new light. Heaton put her own spin on these supernatural creatures, from their world, language and mating bonds. Well paced with twist, turns, and sexy chemistry paranormal and urban fantasy fans alike will enjoy this series.
- In the Eternal Mates series supernatural and humans coexist with the supernatural traveling between portals. The Elves are an ancient race and in Kissed by a Dark Prince, they are the ancestors of vampires. These vampires are an inferior race and are ruthless, twisted, and dark. In this story, we focus on the Elves, but Heaton has already hinted that other creatures dwell within these worlds. A human organization known as Archangel hunt supernatural creatures and are a bit of a mystery. Olivia works for them as a scientist studying these creatures.
- While the romance is at the core of this story, Heaton offered us a complex world and plot that quickly draws the reader in. I loved that the world came to life in vivid colors around me as I listened. The author surprised me with twists and turns that kept me listening into the wee hours. While I want to learn more about the creatures that exist and more about the Archangel organization, I was delighted by this first in series. Secondary characters like Bleu, Sable and Throne were developed and already I am anxious for some of their stories
- I am just going to put this out there, the romance begins with insta-love as Loren’s mating bond kicks in. Go ahead and groan but do not dismiss Kissed by a Dark Prince just yet. Their romance starts hot and heavy in the form of a dream, but then kicks down a notch as they work together and get to know each other. Olivia has some trust issues and her heart and body are saying one thing but her brain clearly remembers prior relationships and bad decisions. Heaton’s mating bond was unique effecting them on a physical level. I loved how Loren refers to Olivia as his k’iara. He is definitely an alpha from losing it when someone looks at Olivia to struggles with Olivia insecurities and denials. He has waited over forty centuries to find his mate and honestly, I was anxious for her to submit as well. Their chemistry was off the charts making this romance believable and one I quickly began rooting for.
- Kissed by a Dark Prince was a strong beginning to the Eternal Mates series. The last quarter of the audio had me listening nonstop and I cannot wait to dive into Claimed by a Demon King. For those who listen to audiobooks, Charlotte Wright, a new to me narrator was delightful. From her soothing lilt to the different voices she created for each character. I was enthralled. I struggle more with female narrators finding them too breathy or fast paced, but Wright drew me in and I hope she continues with this series.
[bctt tweet=”Audiobook review of Kissed by a Dark Prince by Felicity Heaton #paranormal #romance #mates” username=”kimbacaffeinate”]
In spite of this Leveling android function provides constrained help
and also results anyhow, Special Hold’em may possibly most
likely make it easier by using by themselves to help replicate besides rebrand something new forever,
since receiving taken off Stars’ restrained
number are some things in which hasn’t been accomplished preceding The particular laws which targeted pay day loan companies becoming “loan sharks”, have recently already been challenged through payday
lending lobbyists exactly who claim that his or her businesses have been hurt by the ban. http://google.us/contrar32/
Ahaa, ittѕ golod conversation regarding thіs article hᥱre at tɦis website, I hzve read all that,
so now me alo commenting hеre.
I’m so happy you enjoyed your intro into the Eternal Mates series, Kim. I love it and I can only imagine how Heaton’s imagery comes to life in audio. Her world building and vivid imagery are certainly reasons why I love this series. But the characters and romance are the biggest reasons. 🙂
I am really looking forward to continuing.
I’ve really enjoyed the Eternal Mates series. I’ve been reading it for a while now. I saw the audios came out and thought about trying them, but I have so many books on my TBR, I didn’t want to do any more revisits this year. I might try them on audio some time later. Great review. I’m glad you’re enjoying the series as much as I have. I hope they get all the books on audio.
i know what you mean, re-reading or listen is almost impossible
This is a great PNR series. Sort of like Kresley Cole’s IAD series. I’m two books behind. I’m hoping to read them this month for #CleanSweepARC.
I had fun with this. I haven’t really tried Cole.
WHAT?!?!! You MUST listen to Cole’s IAD series. The narrator is fantastic!!
I recently read and reviewed this one on Pure Textuality. It was my first by her as well. I enjoyed it but now I am thinking I should listen to the next one! Great review 🙂
Right. I plan too as soon as I clear up some audiobook reviews 🙂
Oh yes I heard a lot about this author but I confess that I haven’t tried any of her books, I’m glad you had a good time! One day!
Thanks Melliane..I hope you do get to try her:)
I enjoyed this also. I need to get into the rest of this series and soon. Great review!
Glad you had fun with this one too Sharon. The next audio is on my list 🙂
A Belle's Tales
Love me some Paranormal romance, and this sounds like a good one to grab!
It was fun Michele..enjoy!!
Wow amazing review I absolutely love books that have fae’s and elves in them and this one looks and sounds utterly fantastic and right up my alley. Now after reading your review I am going too see if the have this book in my library so I can check it out from my library and see if I like it or not. Thank you for your great post Kim!
I have a thing for FAE and Elves too. The world building is fresh, I hope your library has it!
The Bibliophile Babe
Oooh, I’ve been on the look out for a paranormal fix…I’ll check this out!
The book cover is a definite draw! Thanks for the post.
LOL, it does. Thanks Angela 🙂
I want to be kissed by a dark prince Kim, wow this one sounds really good
Hehe….I hope you do 🙂
I’ve never tried this author but I’ve heard a lot about her. This does sound really interesting, glad you enjoyed it..
Thanks Ali, I loved the FAE
I’ve read one of her books and really enjoyed it. I’d probably enjoy this one as well.
Nice. This series is all available and a new one just started.
I’ve been binge watching Supernatural so I’m definitely in the mood for some UF and paranormal fun! I’m not a huge fan of faes but this one does sound pretty cool. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review (:
I love Supernatural 🙂
I like how you warn about the “insta-love” but stop everyone from groaning! I think it’s totally allowed in UF/PNR, especially with the mate/bond thingy 🙂 I never mind it then – bring it on!!! It’s always fun b/c it gets everyone involved in heaps of trouble (tee, hee). Great review and I’m glad you liked the elves. I always love the fae!!
I agree, but felt it necessary to comment about since it happens VERY early into the story 🙂
I hope you enjoy the others. I just finished an ARC of her latest release coming out this Saturday, Awakened by a Demoness. It was superb.
Wonderful review. This is one of my favorite series and Heaton is an amazing weaver. Her stories stand out.
Yay, so glad to hear you love the series. I look forward to continuing.
I love paranormal romance and I have read at least one of Felicity’s books and loved it. Thanks for letting me know about this new series.
I am not sure it’s new..but new on audio 🙂 so double check before buying 🙂
I have this one in ebook form to read but not gotten to it though I have heard a lot of good things about this series.
Yeah, it hit the spot and I enjoyed listening. Ha—we all have TBR piles we battle daily 🙂
Insta-love in a fated-mates situation never bothers me Kim, so I’m on board for this one for sure! Since it’s paranormal, I can more easily get behind the insta-love, way more than I can in a contemporary YA:) I think I need to check out this series for sure!
Me either Jenny, but it happened so fast it was worth a mention.
Nice! I think I read a random title in this series a while ago and enjoyed it. I might have to go back and give this one a shot.
I think each will work as standalone as they involve one couple 🙂 thanks Samantha!
*nods* I like the voice
I did too Linda 🙂
You remind me. I enjoy Heaton’s books and it’s been a long while since I picked one up. You’re description of the world building and this pair having to work for it even with a mate bond sounds good.
I am anxious to begin the next audio Sophia.