by Felicity Heaton
Series: Eternal Mates #1
Narrator: Charlotte Wright
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration: 4.5 cups
Olivia thinks it’s her lucky night when a dangerously handsome unconscious fae ends up on her inspection table. He’s her chance to redeem herself with her employer, the demon-hunting organisation, Archangel. But when the tall, dark and deadly immortal warrior awakes, she gets much more than she bargained for…
Attacked by his enemy in the elf kingdom, the last thing Prince Loren expects when he comes around is a beautiful angel watching over him and medical technology of the mortal realm. Hazy from his injuries, all he can focus on is the pulse ticking in her throat and the sweet allure of her blood.
One single bite reveals she is his eternal mate, triggering a bond between them that will leave him weakened until it is complete… or broken, and pulling Olivia into the crossfire of his ancient feud.
To protect his people and his mate from the machinations of a madman, Loren must risk everything by working with Olivia at Archangel to find a way to break the bond blossoming between them.
But will Loren be strong enough to place duty before desire and give up the one thing he has waited millennia for and craves above all others—his eternal mate? And will Olivia be able to resist the incredible heat that burns between them and the temptation of her dark prince’s kiss?
I have had a craving for paranormal and urban fantasy and when offered a chance to review Kissed by a Dark Prince by Felicity Heaton the first in her Eternal Mates series I jumped. Heaton grabbed me from the very first chapters delighting me with her unique world, sexy alpha, and superb narration.
Five reasons to grab your earbuds and listen to Kissed by a Dark Prince
- Heaton has long been on my list of authors to try and I quickly saw why readers enjoy her brand of paranormal romance. The world-building is brilliant and fresh. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Elves! I was tickled to find not only FAE in a paranormal fiction but to see them in a completely new light. Heaton put her own spin on these supernatural creatures, from their world, language and mating bonds. Well paced with twist, turns, and sexy chemistry paranormal and urban fantasy fans alike will enjoy this series.
- In the Eternal Mates series supernatural and humans coexist with the supernatural traveling between portals. The Elves are an ancient race and in Kissed by a Dark Prince, they are the ancestors of vampires. These vampires are an inferior race and are ruthless, twisted, and dark. In this story, we focus on the Elves, but Heaton has already hinted that other creatures dwell within these worlds. A human organization known as Archangel hunt supernatural creatures and are a bit of a mystery. Olivia works for them as a scientist studying these creatures.
- While the romance is at the core of this story, Heaton offered us a complex world and plot that quickly draws the reader in. I loved that the world came to life in vivid colors around me as I listened. The author surprised me with twists and turns that kept me listening into the wee hours. While I want to learn more about the creatures that exist and more about the Archangel organization, I was delighted by this first in series. Secondary characters like Bleu, Sable and Throne were developed and already I am anxious for some of their stories
- I am just going to put this out there, the romance begins with insta-love as Loren’s mating bond kicks in. Go ahead and groan but do not dismiss Kissed by a Dark Prince just yet. Their romance starts hot and heavy in the form of a dream, but then kicks down a notch as they work together and get to know each other. Olivia has some trust issues and her heart and body are saying one thing but her brain clearly remembers prior relationships and bad decisions. Heaton’s mating bond was unique effecting them on a physical level. I loved how Loren refers to Olivia as his k’iara. He is definitely an alpha from losing it when someone looks at Olivia to struggles with Olivia insecurities and denials. He has waited over forty centuries to find his mate and honestly, I was anxious for her to submit as well. Their chemistry was off the charts making this romance believable and one I quickly began rooting for.
- Kissed by a Dark Prince was a strong beginning to the Eternal Mates series. The last quarter of the audio had me listening nonstop and I cannot wait to dive into Claimed by a Demon King. For those who listen to audiobooks, Charlotte Wright, a new to me narrator was delightful. From her soothing lilt to the different voices she created for each character. I was enthralled. I struggle more with female narrators finding them too breathy or fast paced, but Wright drew me in and I hope she continues with this series.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.