I am often surprised when I visit a blog, love their post and go to click on a share icon and find none.
Why Have Share Buttons on Your Blog
At the bottom of every post you should have share buttons to allow others to uplift your posts.
- Our reach as bloggers goes only as far as our following
- Allowing others to uplift you can bring attention to you and your blog.
- I uplift folks every day to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+.
- A share can cause a post to go viral.
- When I asked how people found my blog during my last Blogversary I was surprised by the amount that said, through a tweet, or post shared by another blogger.
Adding Share Buttons on Your Blog is one of the easiest ways to get noticed!
How to Add on Blogger
Use Blogger Built in Method:
- Go to Dashboard
- Select Layout
- Click on Main Post
- Check Show Share Buttons
- Hit Save
Install Share Buttons:
Certain share buttons will work on Blogger:
Just follow their step by step instructions.
There are oodles of options but I will list a few popular ones.
Each plugin or option has positive and negatives. My least favorite and most popular is Sharaholic. I personally do not like this method because of all the pop-ups it causes whenever I share a post. First it wants me to follow Sharaholic on Twitter, then a box pops up thanking me for sharing. Jetpack is great if you are already utilizing other tools in Jetpack. Naked Social does require some knowledge of CSS, and stat updates happen only every few hours but it uses the least resources.