by Candis Terry
Series: , Texas #3
Published by: HarperCollins
Genres: Contemporary Romance
The men in Texas are hard to resist . . .Seattle event planner Allison Lane is an expert at delivering the perfect wedding—even if she might not exactly believe in the whole "'til death do us part" thing. When her father decides to tie the knot with a woman he barely knows, Allison heads to Sweet, Texas, to make sure his new honey is the real deal. What she didn't expect to find at the local honky-tonk was a sexy Southern man as bent on charming her pants off as he is on blowing her "true love doesn't exist" theory all to hell. And they always promise . . .Veterinarian, former Marine, and Sweet's favorite playboy Jesse Wilder takes one look at Allison and knows she's a handful of trouble he can't deny. But even after a sizzling kiss and obvious mutual attraction, it seems Allison has no such problem. When Jesse uncovers her sweet side, can he crush his playboy image, melt her cynical heart, and change her mind about taking a trip down the aisle? Something sweeter
It was fun returning to the small-town of Sweet, Texas in Candis Terry’s third book Something Sweeter. We met veterinarian and former Marine Jesse Wilder in the previous two novels and I could not wait for his story. Fans of small-towns, families and sweet romances will adore the Sweet, Texas series and the Wilder brothers.
Five reasons to grab an iced coffee and curl up with Something Sweeter:
1. Brothers. The Wilder brothers are good men who are smexy, former Marines, and good to their Momma. The Wilder family is delightful. They are true Texans who love their football and country. They are far from perfect, but they have strong morals and family ties. I love the banter, teasing and concern they express for each other.
2. Sweet, Texas. This small-town is charming. Neighbors step up and help when needed and Terry had me longing to pack my bags. This town is quaint, where everyone knows each other and while folks might spread rumors like wildfire, they are quick to protect their own.
3. Characters. Terry creates characters that wrap around your heart. Jess Wilder loves his family, and chokes-up when an animal is abused or neglected. The man is good with his hands and easy on the eyes. He has put the happiness of his family first and despite rumors that he is a ladies’ man and the truth is he works long hours, takes care of his family and spends his nights sleeping with his pets. Can I just say, “I adored him?” Allison Lane arrived in Sweet, Texas to meet the woman her father intends to marry. Her own opinions of marriage have been tarnished by her rocky childhood and her mother’s bevy of ex-husbands. Previous characters and couples are present, and it was delightful getting updates and seeing them all interact.
4. Something Sweeter is a feel-good, slow-building romance that begins with attraction and good intentions. Jesse is attracted to little firecracker Allison, but also considers her hands-off since her father is marrying his Mom. Her cynical views of marriage and true love have him trying to change her mind, and he enlists folks in town to help. The tale was sweet, with magic romantic moments. The romance built slowly from stolen kisses to holding hands. Both Jesse and Allison learned lessons, and see growth as they find something special.
5. Perfectly paced with realistic angst, and adult responses make this the perfect escape. I find that when I read Terry’s novels I lose track of time. While some of the tropes are familiar, and the issues that arise to keep Allison in town longer made me laugh she makes her characters come to life. I swoon, giggle, blush and even though I know my HEA will come it is a joy to see how it all come together.
Something Sweeter was another excellent addition to the Sweet, Texas series, and I cannot wait to return with Sweet Surprise in 2015. Fans of Robyn Carr and Bella Andre will enjoy this series. The sexual tension, and build up will make your heart flutter the heat is tame, making this perfect for a large audience.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone