by Katie Ruggle
Series: Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1
Narrator: Vanessa Daniels
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4.5 cups of cocoa
In the heart of the Rockies
In the arms of a cowboy
One white Christmas can change everything.
When firefighter and single dad Steve Springfield moved his four kids to a Colorado Christmas tree ranch, he intended for it to be a safe haven. But he never expected danger to follow them to his childhood home...
Or that he would come face-to-face with the one girl he could never forget.
Folk artist Camille Brandt lives a quiet life. As the town's resident eccentric, she's used to being lonely--until Steve freaking Springfield changes everything. Brave and kind, he's always had a piece of her heart, and it doesn't take long before she's in danger of falling for him and his rambunctious kids. But as mysterious fires break out across the sleepy Colorado town, Steve and Camille will have to fight if they want their happy family to survive until Christmas...
Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas, is the first novel in Rocky Mountain Cowboys series by Katie Ruggle. Suspense and an adorkable romance filled with family and friends made this listen one of my favorites this holiday season. Grab a peppermint mocha coffee or tea and check out why you should add it to your audio bookshelf.
Reasons to grab your ? and listen to Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas
- I really enjoy Katie Ruggle’s romantic suspense series and Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas is not only a holiday read, but the first novel in a brand new series. Family, friends and a wonderful setting quickly pulled me into this heartwarming story.
- A single father of four who is also a firefighting cowboy. Come to momma! A scare regarding the children had Steve Springfield moving his young family to his childhood home, a Christmas Tree ranch in Borne, Colorado. Steve works the business with his three brothers and accepted a position with the local volunteer firefighters dept. On his first call he encounters, Camille Brandt, a shy, socially awkward girl, well woman now, that he remembers from high school. She was three years younger than him, but memorable all the same.
- Camille Brandt remembers Steve alright. While they never hung out, she had the worst crush on Steve freakin’ Springfield. I loved their first encounter. Camille made me giggle and the way these two spoke warmed my heart, as I snuggled in to see what would happen.
- Camille was a fun character. I easily identified with her reclusive nature. She is a bit of a nerd and a talented artist. When she would start babbling around Steve, adorable things would happen.
- The romance or as my young friends like to say, “the ship” was wonderful, awkward, blush worthy and slow building with a touch of heat to curl your toes.
- Secondary characters like the Springfield brothers and Steve’s precocious children added humor, some sticky situations and helped pull the storyline together.
- The suspense angle was more of a side thread, but powerful and suspenseful. It involved fire and plenty of danger as Camille finds herself the center of unwanted attention. Ruggle presented clues and to be honest I had a hunch but quickly dismissed it. Ruggled added a few twists and surprised me with this thread. I felt it was well done.
- Fans of Ruggle will remember Steve from the Search & Rescue series but new fans can begin here. I love when Ruggle ties in previous series and characters.
- Callie Beaulieu has narrated all of the Ruggle books I’ve listen to, so it was a surprise to see a new narrator for this series. This was my first time listening to narrator, Vanessa Daniels but I was pleased. She captured the characters and pacing making the transition smooth for me. I would listen to this narrator again, and hope she continues with this series.
What could be better than Christmas in the Colorado mountains. If you love sweet, adorkable romances with a side of suspense and a touch of heat, you’ll want to grab Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas.
[bctt tweet=”Grab a peppermint mocha and check out Caffeinated reasons why you should add Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas to your audio bookshelf. #NewRelease #RockyMountainCowboys #suspense #romance ” username=”kimbacaffeinate”]
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
I’m’ a sucker for cowboys. I plan to read some Christmas themed romances this break.
Oh me too.
So interested to find out what adorable things that could happen in this book. Camille sounds like a super interesting character.
It was a lot of fun Michelle. Enjoy!
I will have to see if I can find this one on Hoopla or Overdrive before I buy it. Nice review and I love your reasons to listen to this one.
I hope it is. My library has it.
Rachel @Waves of Fiction
I’m thrilled you loved this,too! Camille was so much fun and I just loved how she’d just spill all the thoughts in her head with no filter. Loved the Christmas-y wonderland setting, too!
Yes her lack of a filter was hilarious.
I really enjoyed this one too 😀 Ruggle really is awesome. her books has not disappointed so far. Sure only my third but still
This is my third series and I agree completely.
Oh Wow now Katie’s joined in the Cowboy craze too. This looks FAB thanks Kim
She tends to write these type of heroes so it works.
This was a great read and I look forward to more from this author.
It was. I am glad you enjoy her as well!
Lover Of Romance
I love mint mocha’s, we are serving them at work and so YUMMY!! Glad you enjoyed this one. I really need to grab up this author. She is on my list to try out in 2019!!
Sweet. I think you will like Ruggle.
Adding to my “TBR” list. Thanks for the post.
Ruggle is a good one!
I have this book on hold from the library, and I can’t wait to read it! I’ve seen it everywhere lately! No peppermint mocha for me, but I do have peppermint whipped cream to go with my cocoa. 🙂
Awesome. I hope you love it!
I totally loved this one. Great review. I haven’t read the SAR series yet but I’ve read the others. Anne – Books of My Heart
Glad you are a fan too Anne!
Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind
Oh I love Camille already! I was very shy in high school, not artistic like her but I am hopeful for this relationship. I have to laugh how it is always a single dad in Christmas movies/books.
Right, that does seem to be a trend and I totally buy into it!?
Oooo lots of cups of cocoa. 🙂
tis the season☕️
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
I read this one. It was wonderful. Great review. Thank you!
So happy you loved it too!
Yes! This was so adorable. I went all melty every time Steve and Camille or one/both of them were with the kids. I think the scene with Camille and one of the kids at the Christmas concert was the best. 🙂
:snort: The kids were a lot of fun.
It’s so sweet to have a story like that!
Thanks for stopping by Melliane.
There is something about the single dad trope that I love. This looks so good Kim, thanks for putting it on my radar!
Right. Especially when he is a good father.
A new series by Katie Ruggle. Love her books and this one sounds adorable. I love the fact that suspense was included.
I do too. It is one of my favorite subgenres in romance.
he does look like a Chris Hemsworth from a far… lucky girl.. hope that ropes useful XD
Maureen @ Maureen's Books
I’m glad you enjoyed this one. I read this book during the HoHoHo Readathon and really enjoyed it too. There romance was just so awkward I loved it!! This book definitely made me want to read more by Katie Ruggle.
I really enjoy this author and yep, this was on my list for the HoHoHo readathon as well.