by Katie Ruggle
Series: Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1
Narrator: Vanessa Daniels
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Purchase*: Amazon | Audible *affiliate
Narration: 4.5 cups of cocoa
In the heart of the Rockies
In the arms of a cowboy
One white Christmas can change everything.
When firefighter and single dad Steve Springfield moved his four kids to a Colorado Christmas tree ranch, he intended for it to be a safe haven. But he never expected danger to follow them to his childhood home...
Or that he would come face-to-face with the one girl he could never forget.
Folk artist Camille Brandt lives a quiet life. As the town's resident eccentric, she's used to being lonely--until Steve freaking Springfield changes everything. Brave and kind, he's always had a piece of her heart, and it doesn't take long before she's in danger of falling for him and his rambunctious kids. But as mysterious fires break out across the sleepy Colorado town, Steve and Camille will have to fight if they want their happy family to survive until Christmas...
Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas, is the first novel in Rocky Mountain Cowboys series by Katie Ruggle. Suspense and an adorkable romance filled with family and friends made this listen one of my favorites this holiday season. Grab a peppermint mocha coffee or tea and check out why you should add it to your audio bookshelf.
Reasons to grab your 🎧 and listen to Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas
- I really enjoy Katie Ruggle’s romantic suspense series and Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas is not only a holiday read, but the first novel in a brand new series. Family, friends and a wonderful setting quickly pulled me into this heartwarming story.
- A single father of four who is also a firefighting cowboy. Come to momma! A scare regarding the children had Steve Springfield moving his young family to his childhood home, a Christmas Tree ranch in Borne, Colorado. Steve works the business with his three brothers and accepted a position with the local volunteer firefighters dept. On his first call he encounters, Camille Brandt, a shy, socially awkward girl, well woman now, that he remembers from high school. She was three years younger than him, but memorable all the same.
- Camille Brandt remembers Steve alright. While they never hung out, she had the worst crush on Steve freakin’ Springfield. I loved their first encounter. Camille made me giggle and the way these two spoke warmed my heart, as I snuggled in to see what would happen.
- Camille was a fun character. I easily identified with her reclusive nature. She is a bit of a nerd and a talented artist. When she would start babbling around Steve, adorable things would happen.
- The romance or as my young friends like to say, “the ship” was wonderful, awkward, blush worthy and slow building with a touch of heat to curl your toes.
- Secondary characters like the Springfield brothers and Steve’s precocious children added humor, some sticky situations and helped pull the storyline together.
- The suspense angle was more of a side thread, but powerful and suspenseful. It involved fire and plenty of danger as Camille finds herself the center of unwanted attention. Ruggle presented clues and to be honest I had a hunch but quickly dismissed it. Ruggled added a few twists and surprised me with this thread. I felt it was well done.
- Fans of Ruggle will remember Steve from the Search & Rescue series but new fans can begin here. I love when Ruggle ties in previous series and characters.
- Callie Beaulieu has narrated all of the Ruggle books I’ve listen to, so it was a surprise to see a new narrator for this series. This was my first time listening to narrator, Vanessa Daniels but I was pleased. She captured the characters and pacing making the transition smooth for me. I would listen to this narrator again, and hope she continues with this series.
What could be better than Christmas in the Colorado mountains. If you love sweet, adorkable romances with a side of suspense and a touch of heat, you’ll want to grab Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas.Grab a peppermint mocha and check out Caffeinated reasons why you should add Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas to your audio bookshelf. #NewRelease #RockyMountainCowboys #suspense #romance Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges: