Why I Love Contemporary Romance Series
When it comes to straight up contemporary romances I find myself drawn to books in series. I thought I would share what is it that draws me to these books. I adore them all from small quaint New England settings to Big Sky Country. Some are sweet and some have heat, but they all have a few thing in common. Grab a cup of cocoa or peppermint mocha coffee and enjoy!
- The books tend to involve “family” Some are siblings and others are close friends or brothers in arms. I loved the banter and interaction that comes from these bonds.
- Small-towns. I love revisiting the same town and getting to know everyone. Each time I open a book it feels like I am coming home or taking a little vacation.
- Even though each book focuses on a couple we get to know their friends and family making me feel a part of the group.
- While the books are part of a series, each has a complete romance giving me my HEA.
- The anticipation of each romance. We meet all the characters, and wonder who will end up with whom. From the onset there is usually one character whose story I am most anticipating.
- I love the idea of knowing I will return and catching glimpses of the happy couple. Usually I can count on updates. Again this ties into forming a bond with the characters and town.
- The tropes tend to be second chance romances, friendships to lovers, or sometimes something exciting like finding out that one night stand is your new neighbor. *winks* And my personal favorite haters to lovers.
- The stories are usually low on drama, but often have suspense, snowstorms or unexpected complications that force the couple together.
- Interfering siblings, neighbors, and family members that often leads to hilarious situations.
Contemporary Romance Series I Recommend
These are few series that made me smile and have all the elements I love in contemporary romance series.
Jessica Lemmon’s Second Chance Series.
Lia Riley’s Brightwater Series
Jennifer Ryan’s Montana Men Series
Jennifer Dawson’s Something New Series
Do you like Contemporary Romance series?
If yes, do you have any recommendations?
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone