by Jacqueline E. Smith
Series: Cemetery Tours #2
Purchase*: Amazon *affiliate
Someone always dies... Someone is always left behind... Now that his secret is out, Michael Sinclair finally agrees to join paranormal superstar Luke Rainer and the Cemetery Tours crew on an investigation. Not just any investigation. The biggest investigation of their career. Once home to the wealthy Sterling Hall and his beloved wife, Joanna, Stanton Hall Manor in Maine is famous for the love story that inspired it... and the ghosts who now inhabit it. For Luke and the crew, Stanton Hall is a dream come true. Unfortunately, some dreams turn out to be nightmares
The Cemetery Tours series is turning out to be great fun. Between Worlds by Jacqueline E. Smith is the second paranormal adventure in the series and I quickly consumed it. These ghostly mysteries are light, with a slow burning side of romance, humor and Ghost Hunter TV.
Five Reasons to grab a copy of coffee and read Between Worlds
- While this is the second book, it will work as a standalone. We met all of the characters in the previous novel Cemetery Tours but Smith does an excellent job of bringing readers up to speed without boring fans. I love that each contains a ghostly haunting, and wrap up.
- Michael Sinclair has recently come of out of the closet but not for what you think. He can see ghosts, and in fact lives with one. I really like Michael. He is this sexy, yet nerdy guy with insecurities, and a ghost for a roommate. Kate his girlfriend was the main protagonist in the previous novel. Kate and her brother, Gavin play major roles in this novel. Michael’s roommate is a single guy who went to high school with Michael and his commentary is hilarious.
- Michael, Kate and Galvin join paranormal rock star Luke Rainer star of the hit series Cemetery Tours as they explore Stanton Hall in Maine. I love tagging along with the crew as they film on site. Smith does a great job of sharing the team dynamics, and filming experience. Each of the crew is fairly well developed and has their own unique voice. There are no cliche characters making it feel fresh.
- The haunting is fantastic. Low on the creep factor and heavy on suspense makes this ideal for a larger audience. In edition the clean romance allows you to safely share with your teen. The motley crew of characters reminds me of Scooby Doo and friends. It is a perfect balance of mystery and crew interactions.
- Jacqueline Smith weaves a clever haunting mystery in Between Worlds that perfectly paced, laced in a little history and filled with humor and suspense. Her characters work well together from the banter to support. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.
If you are looking for a light paranormal mystery with fun characters you can connect with I recommend you try Between Worlds and the Cemetery Tours series.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.