I know what you are thinking. Spooky season isn’t over yet and Caffeinated Reviewer is talking about holiday & winter reads? But, now is the time to line up those books & audiobooks and clear your calendar for the Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon beginning November 16th. This is my favorite readathon, and I hope you’ll join in the fun. We’ll have fun challenges and it’s a great way to meet bookish friends.
11th Annual Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon
This year the annual Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon will begin at 12:01 am Thursday November 16th and will end Monday, November 27th at 11:59 pm in your time zone. Giving us twelve days of fun.
Get your holiday & winter setting books and be prepared to have fun! Audiobooks, library books, ebooks, old books or new books we don’t care. Don’t forget the hot chocolate!
Host A Challenge
BE AN ELF: We need Challenges hosts. Please email me, if you’d like to host a challenge for the event. You will need to provide a small international prize. Create a festive puzzle, exchange recipes, create a spine poem, make a bingo board, a scavenger hunt, holiday movie trivia or come up with your own clever idea.
Read-a-thon Rules & Guidelines
- Link-up! It is unnecessary to link to goal post but of course we love them. You can link to the social media platform you will use to track your reading. This can be your blog, or a special Goodreads Shelf you create. Be sure to label the shelf hohohorat2023. You can use a social media account, but you’ll need to tag me and use hashtag #2023HoHoHoRAT. (I must be able to see it. So friend me there)
- Declare your intentions on your blog or through social media. Be sure and link back to this HoHoHo Readathon Sign-up page. Linky will close November 24th, so be sure to link up, even if you will only take part for a few days.
- Grab the image and share! Tell your friends, post the image and link on social media using X (Twitter), Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram, Threads and others. Be sure to include a link to this page, so others may join.
- Take part in at least one challenge and complete two books to be eligible for grand prize.
- Read or listen to as many Holiday or Winter themed books as you can from any genre. If you are unsure, contact me. Goodreads is an excellent source for finding Winter & Holiday reads. Ask your librarian.
- Tweet your progress using #2023HoHoHoRAT
- Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget will post on Thursday November 16th at/by 8 am (EST)
- Read-a-thon starts on Thursday, November 16th 12:01 am (your time zone) and ends on Monday, November 27th at 11:59 pm (your time zone)
- Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 16th and stay open until Nov 27th at 11:59 pm (EST)
- Grand Prize Raffle will be open until November 29 at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit last minute entries. You will only be able to submit two books in a twenty-four-hour period.
- All winners of challenges and the grand prize will be notified by December 1, 2023.
Link up and join the fun!
*linky will close November 24 at 8pm.I signed up for the #2023HoHoHoRAT! Come join the fun! Read holiday & winter books/audios. Take part in challenges, win prizes, and make new bookish friends! #readathon The magic happens November 17th-November 27th #readathon… Click To Tweet
Grab the Button and share with your friends!
Get A Reminder…..
Don’t miss out. Sign up to get an email reminder one week before event starts.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox