by Lisa Plumley
Series: Kismet Michigan #4
Genres: Contemporary Romance
In Kismet, Michigan, Christmas is special: big fluffy snowflakes, sleigh bells, carolers singing. It's a picture-perfect holiday—you just have to choose who's in the frame... Jason Hamilton is on thin ice with the board of his toy company. The young CEO may be a kid at heart, but his party boy reputation requires damage control. So Jason's off to Kismet to inspect a model store, stay on Santa's Nice list, and stick to business—no goofing around. Which is too bad, because the store manager, Danielle Sharpe, is the definition of what makes Naughty fun...Danielle is thrilled to show off her thriving little toy store—especially if it's her ticket out of Kismet. The single mom is tired of manufacturing cheer solo while her ex-husband has all the fun. But if she'd known Jason was this hot, she wouldn't have offered to host him. With Jason in her house, Danielle is getting warmer than spiked cider. She's supposed to impress him with her expertise, not daydream about catching him under the mistletoe. Now whatever she does, she can't get swept up in the magic..
All He Wants for Christmas by Lisa Plumley is the fourth book in the Kismet, Michigan series but do not let that deter you from enjoying this holiday read as it completely works as a standalone. Small-town charm, children, goldfish and a gooey romance make this a delightful holiday read.
Five Reasons to grab a cup of cocoa and curl up with All He Wants for Christmas
- If you love small-town settings with sleigh rides, candy cane parades and local dinners where everyone knows everyone than you will adore Kismet, Michigan. Our heroine manages the Moosby Toy Store on Main Street and you will find all the holiday spirit you desire there.
- The perfect little set-up. A naughty picture on the internet puts James Hamilton, CEO of Moosby in the hot seat and the board creates a campaign tour to restore his image. They send him to their number one store to work, meet customers and inspect the model store. Danielle Sharpe is a divorced mother of three who has tripled sales at Moosby’s. She is determined to impress the corporate office and move up the ladder, far away from Kismet.
- The romance oozes holiday magic. The chemistry between Jason and Danielle was hilarious, sweet, and tender. I loved how Danielle did not outwardly swoon all over Jason. Jason loved it too, since most woman only see dollar signs and his looks. The tension built slowly at first, from accidental touches to sweet stolen kisses. The tale is clean, with fade to black moments making this one for everyone.
- There is just the right amount of tension threaded throughout the story regarding the Moosby Company. We wonder if Jason can restore his reputation or will a plotting board member get him kicked out the door. Will Danielle get the promotion she wants and leave Kismet behind. Corporate spies, breaking store policy rules, the kids and a little romance all make it interesting.
- If you love snuggling up during the holidays and watching the Hallmark’s Holiday specials, than All He Wants for Christmas is the perfect holiday read. From the kids, to playing naughty in the stockroom this tale has it all.
All He Wants for Christmas was adorable, and made me smile. While there were other couples mentioned whose stories must have been previously told this story works well as a standalone. I enjoyed my time in Kismet, Michigan and would love to revisit.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.