? It’s the most wonderful time of the year… ? well, almost. But it is time to reserve your seat for the 2020 Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon!! This year’s event takes place Thursday November 19th through Monday November 30th.
With travel limited, and stores closed for Thanksgiving, it’s the perfect time to dig out your holiday and winter settings books. As always, you can read/listen to holiday themed books or books with winter settings. Any genre, any format.
Eighth Annual Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon
This year the #HoHoHoRAT will begin at 12:01 am Thursday, November 19th and end Monday, November 30th at 11:59 pm in your time zone.
That’s twelve days of reading with two weekends wrapped in-between!
So grab your holiday reads, your winter books, your yuletide murder-mysteries, your naughty & nice romances and even your holiday horror and get ready for some fun! There will be fun challenges, friendships to be made, and cozy books by the fire you can win.
BE AN ELF: We need Challenges hosts. Please email me, if you’d like to host a challenge for the event. You will need to provide a small international prize.
- Link-up! It is not necessary to link to goal post, just link to the account/blog you will be using to track your reading. This can be blog, Goodreads Shelf labeled HoHoHo2020 or any other account. (I must be able to see it. So be sure we are friends there)
- Declare your intentions on your blog or through social media. Be sure and link back to this sign up post #HoHoHo Readathon Sign-up
- Grab the image and share! Tell your friends, post the image and link on social media using Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr or Instagram Be sure to include a link to this page, so others may join.
- Participate in at least one challenge and complete one book to be eligible for grand prize
- Read/listen to as many Holiday or Winter themed books as you can from any genre. (Winter can be New Years setting, snowstorm etc. If you are unsure contact me. Goodreads is a good source for finding Winter & Holiday reads. Ask your Librarian)
- Tweet your progress using #HoHoHoRAT
- Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget will post on Thursday November 19th at/by 8 am (EST)
- Read-a-thon starts on Thursday, November 19th 12:o1 am (your time zone) and ends on Monday, November 30th at 11:59 pm (your time zone)
- Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 19th and stay open until Nov 30th at 11:59 pm (EST)
- Grand Prize Raffle will be open until December 1st at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit entries.
- All winners of challenges and the grand prize will be notified by December 3, 2020.
Link up & Join the Fun
Grab the Button
I guess I missed the join in date for the linky. Oh well. I’ll still post my updates on Goodreads/Twitter. I’ll probably only get through one novella. 🙂
Excited to join you all again.
Lisa of Hopewell
Awe…I missed it!
We still have 6 days to go. Sign up and join the fun.
Thanks for hosting! I love reading holiday books!
Yay.. glad to host. We all need some cheer this year 🙂
This looks like a fun readathon. I hope to get lots read
Glad you could join us Traci!!
Ahhhh thank you!
Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Well, I’m a smidgen late to the party, but I made it! Whew!
All joking aside, I’m looking forward to this year’s #HoHoHoRAT. And it will help me get in the mood to finish my Christmas shopping (online)!
Just joined my first readathon! I’m a bit of a newbie but really looking forward to getting stuck in and reading some amazing Christmas books!
Wahoo! I remember my first readathon. I made some of my first blogger friends during the event and almost ten years later we are still friends, although not all of them still blog 🙁
Anne - Books of My Heart
OK I was already planning to read some holiday themed books so I might as well jump into this. It is fun. I just don’t usually read holiday books until after Thanksgiving.
I totally get it, but bloggers want to get them ready for December posts and this goes on until November 30th… so a little of both 🙂 Glad you are joining the fun Anne!
I just signed up, Readathon first timer here! Looking forward to chatting it up on my blog. I’ve been a bit inactive there but getting started up again. 🙂
Glad you are joining the fun Cris~
I’ve just joined your readathon! This is the first challenge I’ve joined as a newbie blogger so may take me a few goes to ‘link’ you to my posts but I will get there! I’m excited to be joining along with other like minded book lovers
Hello Bex! We have a good time with this event. Let me know if you have any issues 🙂
Just wondered what the # Linky is to enter the challenges? Is it just my blog link?
It looks like you are #26. If you look at the linky sign-up above, you will see #s next to each entry. It shows #26 as Bex
Ahhhh thank you!
Just linked up! I am super excited to participate in another one of your read-a-thons! ?
Welcome back Maya!
Melissa @ CloudsGirl27 Reads Books
Thanks for hosting. This is my first time linking up!
Hi Melissa, glad you are joining in the fun!
Melissa @ TeaStitchRead
I think this is my first one. Excited to read down some of the shorter books on my NOOK!
Yay..welcome Melissa. We have a fun time!
Hey! Just signed up. Super excited. Best wishes from India. This is such a great opportunity to prep for Christmas and the New Year (it’s my favourite time of the year!). Where can I find your Goodreads profile?
So happy you signed up. The link is in the sidebar, but here you go: Goodreads
My second HoHoHo. Looking forward to it.
Yay..glad to see you joining again. It is one of my favorite thons.
Another 1st time participant here! Looking forward to the fun!
This is my first year participating – looking forward to it!
That is awesome Angela!
Woohoo! Love this readathon. Glad you’re hosting once again, Kimberly!
Yay, we shall have a blast.
Nicci @ Sunny Buzzy Books
I’m excited for this one! Doubley excited given the s-show of this year and all the cancelled festive events.
Right. I made the event longer this year and through Thanksgiving because really who is traveling this year.
I’m glad you do these fun read-a-thons! Thank you for making sure I’ll have some holiday cheer this year through #HoHoHoRAT!
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. This is one of my favorite events all year.. and this year we all need the extra cheer and to be with bookish friends!
Posted my introductory post. No TBR this year, I am going to choose as I go along.
Yay, thanks for hosting this fun read-a-thon again 🙂
I am delighted to do so, I think this year we all need a fun, uplifting holiday thon 🙂
Woo Hoo, I will put my post together and sign up later today.
I have signed up!!! I love that you offer reminder emails too. I need those. haha
Hehe….we all do. I am glad you are joining in the fun!!
Definitely signing up for the reminder! I’ve been so scatterbrained lately! This is one of my favorite things to participate in, so I need to stop procrastinating and get my stuff together!
Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? ?
Yes… I love it too and I think we totally need this with the shit-show that 2020 has been…bring on the magic, snow and cocoa!
Signed up for 2020!
Wahoo!! I love this thon 🙂