by Adam J. Wright
Narrator: Henrietta Meire
Length: 9 hours and 6 minutes
Genres: Psychological Thriller
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration: 3.5 cups
Thirty years ago, seven-year-old Mitch Walker was left for dead in the woods while his five-year-old sister Sarah was abducted.
Now, circumstances pull him back to the place where Sarah vanished. He finds evidence linking his sister to a number of girls whose disappearances remain a mystery and has to face the fact that she may have been a victim of a serial killer known as the Blackden Edge Murderer.
Elly Cooper, ex-journalist and bestselling author, has been tasked by her agent to investigate the disappearances for a new book. She needs to find out if the rumoured Blackden Edge Murderer is more than just a local legend. This is Elly's last chance to get her failing career back on track and face her personal demons.
But uncovering the secrets of the past can have dangerous consequences. Mitch and Elly are about to be drawn into a web of deceit, lies, and murder. A web that stretches back forty years but is still snaring its victims today.
I discovered Dark Peak by Adam J. Wright in an offer for audio review copies and was initially drawn to the cover. Once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to uncover the mysteries surrounding Blackden Edge. Is there a serial killer? What happened to Sarah?
Grab a cup of cocoa and see why I recommend you add this to your bookshelf.
Caffeinated Reasons to grab Dark Peak
- Do you love watching BBC Mysteries set in rural towns? Then Dark Peak might just be for you.
- When Mitch Walker was nine-years-old he and his sister left the yard and wondered into the marsh while chasing a fox. He never saw again his sister Sarah. His mother took Mitch and moved away leaving their father at Blackden Edge. Mitch’s father has passed away and after being contacted by a solicitor he and his young daughter head to Dark Peak. His return brings back the questions of what happened to Sarah.
- Elly Cooper, a former journalist known for her novel, Heart Of A Killer is struggling after sales have dropped in the sixth year since its release. Her publicist recommends that she investigates the Blackden Edge murders and see if there is a serial killer. Elly wonders if Mitch’s father was responsible for the murders.
- Old towns hold dark secrets and where everyone knows all of your secrets. Both Mitch and Elly want answers and the old manor may just hold the key.
- Atmospheric with twists, red herrings, and disturbing truths Wright will quickly pull you into this macabre tale.
- While, her narration could feel dull and her accents difficult to interpret, Henrietta Meire became the voices of the characters and enhanced the suspenseful tones and colorful suspects.
- When a body is discovered in the moors, things heat-up and I looked for any excuse to listen.
- Wright kept me guessing with several plausible suspects.
- The story came to a thrilling and believable end.
Fans of British thrillers and serial killer mysteries will enjoy piecing together the clues in this well-crafted whodunit. Whether you listen or grab the novel, Dark Peak is one to add to your winter reading list.Whether you listen or grab the novel, Dark Peak by Adam J. Wright is the perfect mystery-thriller to add to your winter reading list. #iloveaudiobooks Click To Tweet
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.