And so it begins… are you ready to TAKE CONTROL of your TBR Pile? The goal is to read as many books from your TBR pile during the month of March as you can. These can be eBooks, physical books, gifted books, ARCs, and audiobooks. The only rule is that they must have been published before March 1, 2018. Haven’t signed up? You can do so before March 3rd Link up Here.
- Link-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link a shelf entitled Take Control 2018 from your Goodreads account. It is a good idea to friend me if your shelves are private.
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post (can be combined) It can also be a shelf created on Goodreads. Be sure to friend me, so I can see it. Friend me: Kimberly
- Begins midnight March 1st, 2018 and ends March 31, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- ALL books/audios must have been published before March 1, 2018. I don’t care where you got them, so old ARCS count.
- Post a review to Goodreads, or your blog then enter the URL link it to the Rafflecopter for an entry. ( These can be a mini review. Just one or two sentences)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- Page count must be over 100 pages to qualify.
- The rafflecopter will only allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Twitter Party March 11th @ 2:30 pm (CST) Come chat about books you have read and win prizes.
- Earn extra entries for participating in the Twitter Party
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2018, at midnight and a winner will be chosen within 72 hours. Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships to you. Prize: New 2018 release valued at up to 20 US dollars or 1 Audiobook Credit from Audiobooks.com. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy from Amazon or B&N)
Must be linked up and participating in the Take Control Challenge to Participate.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
My plan is to listen to or read 10 books from my TBR pile! Here are some books/audios on my list.
- As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner
- Winter Ignighting by Rebecca Zanetti
- How to Save an Undead Life by Hailey Edwards
- How to Claim an Undead Soul by Hailey Edwards
Chaos Choreography by Seanan McGuire
- Magic for Nothing by Seanan McGuire
- Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire
- The Librarian’s Vampire Assistant by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
- Dreaming in Chocolate by Susan Bishop Crispell
- Storm Force by Jim Butcher
- When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
- Witch Hunter: Into the Outside by J.Z. Foster
Argh, I made a mistake with the linky. Sorry. Accidentally put in that first field my review URL too instead of only my Linky. Sorry, and double sorry if that caused any confusion.
No worries Vi. Do you need me to manually add entry?
I don´t know. I added my URL + Linky in the first field and a bit below my URL in the field for the URL again. Hope it works anyways.
Yep. It will be fine:)
Purity Health Oils
I keep listening to the news broadcast lecture about getting boundless online grant applications so
I have been looking around for the top site to get one.
Could you advise me please, where could i get some?
I’m always finding these things late! Might try anyway. This TBR is thinning my hair!
Hello, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, as this point in time i am reading this
great educational piece of writing here at my residence.
Dream VR Lab Review
Hello. remarkable job. I did not anticipate this. This is a
impressive story. Thanks!
This looks like a really useful challenge! I’m already doing IndieAthon for March and hoping to make a dent in my TBR pile there. I think several of those books will be applicable here too.
Question: Does the book have to be read solely in March or does it qualify if it is finished in March? Thanks for clarifying..
As long as you read 100 pages of it in March it counts 🙂
Good luck, Kim! I’m hoping to read 10 as well!
Yay. Let’s hope we both nail it or surpass it!
Good luck – I hope you can get through all 10 of these!! 🙂
SO EXCITED! I need events like this to hold me accountable…for all the netgalley clicking. Thank you.
LOL, glad I could help!
Good luck meeting your goal! Hope they are good reads/listens. I read slower than I used to, so I think I would be useless at this and still keep up with ARCs etc.
I have cut way back on ARC requests this year so its been easier to focus on backlist and TBR books.
I told myself at the beginning of the year that I was going to read everything I had before getting anything new… I’ve broken this sooo many times…
Do You Dog-ear?
Yeah buying bans and I don’t get along
I’m hoping to read 30 book for this reading challenge! I can’t get the link to my blog post to show up below the post, so I’ll just stick it here
30 would be amazing!
Woohoo! So excited for another Caffeinated Reviewer Event! Good luck with your list everyone! I’m aiming for 12, including SJM’s Tower of Dawn woohoo 😀
Can’t do it this time but good luck all
Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts
Ack! I keep forgetting to sign up… whoops. I need to catch up on my TBR but I know I can’t pull up a TBR in less than 4 hours….
Best of luck to everyone who joins!
All you need to do is create a TBR list on Goodreads. Then add books as you read them. The link won’t close for another – 1d 22h 34m
Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books
I am so excited to start this challenge. My poor tbr needs a whole lot of attention.
Hehe. mine always needs attention. Kind of like my laundry pile!
Ardis @ Pondering The Prose
I’m excited to be participating!
Yay..good luck Ardis 🙂
Quick question too – I am listening to an audiobook and started it two days ago does that count? Its from 2017 or 2016 the book?? Thanks. Mary
As long as you have the equivalent of 100 pages left, yes it counts. I am 45% into an audio myself.
Ok, great. yeah I was only like 30% in and I think it’s almost 500 pages.
Thanks for the reply!
I have been tweeting about it. Hoping that helps. I have 6 books for this challenge that I want to read. I am wondering how many books people read to have 2 entries a day. I would think it does take a little bit of time to read especially if you are working/life. Oh well, 6 for me. If I do more great, if not…bad Mary. I also, use my old twitter to promote this. It really is my main twitter account since StackingMyBookShelves! is newer. Anyway, I’m in!
Thanks for spreading the word Mary:) 6 is an awesome goal.
Oh a great list Kim. Good Luck!
Thank you Debbie 🙂
Looking forward to reading your review of “Bright As Heaven!”
So far it is wonderful.
I really loved the audio of Down Among the Sticks and Stones and I just finished As Bright as Heaven on audio, it was really good. I am holding off on the Hearne for awhile since it is so huge. I have been working so hard to get through books in my pile these last couple of months and I am finally making a dent. I will be sure to read as much as I can in March.
I am enjoying As Bright As Heaven, although it has made me weep uncontrollably.
You already know I need to e doing this and I dare not enter a contest for more books.(lol) It’s a great challenge though. Hugs…RO
awesome :d good luck to all participating.
This meme made me giggle b/c there are so many KALs/CALs where a group leader tries to inspire crafters to take control of their stash.
And yes, zippers can be really intimidating! Many sewists don’t like sewing with them, my mum included. I feel more confident sewing with the standard plastic zippers as I learned how to cut them down and I think a 1/4″ seam allowance even enables me to sew with a regular foot as that dratted zipper foot doesn’t keep the mater down enough for my liking.
Hehe, yes all addicts need help taking control. My Mom has oodles of quilt kits, but she continues to buy more and has quilts in all stages of completion!
Thank you for the sock love. They’re called sock blockers. Some are like that, although I don’t know if wood is the material or maybe there is wood plating. There are some that are plastic and some that are just a metal outline of the sock form. I bought these at one of my first STITCHES West. The vendor only took cash and I was so happy to find in my wallet I had $40 left!
Too busy this March, but I will keep it in mind for next year.
Yes, you have a full plate this month 🙂
Yay! And we’re off. Good luck getting your ten read and good luck to everyone else for their goals, too.
The toughest part will be selecting the books..lol
I already started my first read 😀
Also, just wondering.. is manga counted in the challenge? It’s definitely more than 100 pages but still curious..
Sure, Manga counts.
Awesome list! I need to start the Wayward Children series.
Yeah, I’ve had that audio since release day. Sheesh.
Christine @Buckling Bookshelves
I’m ready! I think 10 is an awesome goal — happy reading to all participating!
I was going to do 15, but my life is crazy right now..LOL
hahaha nah it’s impossible. Yes I’m givin up already
Charlotte Anne Brand
SO excited to get started on this, eeee! <3
Charlotte | https://charlotteidek.com
Good luck Charlotte!
Nicci @ Sunny Buzzy Books
I loved Empire of Storms but I loathed the MASSIVE cliffhanger it ends on… At least the final installment comes out this year!
Good luck with the challenge!
Eep. Thanks for the warning!