The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2018! Join Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for the 6th year of audiobook fun. Whether you are new to audiobooks or a junkie like me, I hope you join us for the 2018 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio. Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or just relaxing.
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2018, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Grab the Button
Grab the button and spread the word!
- Audible Romance Package
- Tantor.com (They have some great sales, so sign up for their newsletter)
- Ambling Books
- Libro.fm – Supports local bookstores
- Overdrive – through your local library
- Audiobook Jukebox – audios for review
- Hoopla – through your local library
- Librivox – Public domain works
- Sync Audiobooks for Teens – May through July a free audiobook each week.
There has never been a better time to listen to a great book!
[bctt tweet=”Declare your intentions and join the 2018 Audiobook Challenge hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer! #loveaudiobooks” username=”kimbacaffeinate”]
I love this challenge. I plan to combine this with Alphabet Soup again to listen to 27 TBRs matching the alphabet. Thanks for hosting.!
Sounds fun. I just started listening to books last year. This year I am going for Binge Reader.
Good luck Karen!
I have 89 titles in my audible library and 10 more free audio listens from whisper sync on overdrive. I think I should join.
Hehe..yes., join in the fun, Jackie!
I’m in again and going for Binge Listener. I ended last year at 33 audiobooks but I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself for 2018 lol.
This is the first Audio book challenge I’ve ever done.
80 is a great number, Cheryl. Glad you are joining us!
I Going for 80
Yay! Mahalo for hosting again. I listened to a lot more audiobooks last year because of your challenge. And Hau’oli Makahiki Hou.
Thank you, Stefanie. Happy to have you joining us!
I’m in! It sounds like fun!
Geybie's Book Blog
I’m IN. I’m planning to listen to more audiobooks next year. Yay, so excited, ❤️
Lover Of Romance
I am so participating in this one here!!! I have to do it every year because even though I didn’t do a good job with it this past year….2018 is a new year!!! And my library just got Hoopla for audiobooks and ebooks so I am so excited because they have really great selection.
I’m consistently a binger. :). Did 27 this year….might end up 28.
I’m going for 75 audiobooks in 2018.
Oh yes, that’s perfect! I’m going for at least Stenographer
Sophie Alex (@bookslikewolves)
I’m posting my sing up post tomorrow!! What an exciting challenge. I love that you included the Audiobook resources. Libribox is great for classic titles.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews
I’m in! I’m going for the Socially Awkward level again next year, as I didn’t achieve my goal this year.
Thanks for hosting us!
I’m back! Looking forward to pushing myself to finish more audiobooks. Going for Marathoner!
Ohh mention Sync! They have free audio ones in May-July. Love those