Caffeinated is turning six! All week long I will be sharing posts featuring Six. Today I am sharing milestones, things I learned, things I love and goals going forward. None of this would have been any fun without YOU. So I have a little thank you giveaway. Thank you for your comments, your friendship, for uplifting Caffeinated, and for simply being you. *lifts coffee mug* Here’s to many more years!
I laugh when I think back to the beginning. I really had no idea how large the blogging community was. I didn’t have a smartphone and believe it or not I wasn’t on any social media. It was only through blogging that I made a Facebook page and learned what Twitter was. Now I am on more social accounts than my twenty something kids! I didn’t really know anyone in the blogger world but joined the Wonderful Wicked readathon, hosted by April @ My Shelf Confession. Sadly, April passed last year due to health complications, but it was she who allowed me to meet my first bloggy friends. This adventure has been a learning curve but I have loved every minute of it.
- The Sunday Post
- 2 million+ visits
- 3,000+ posts
- 100,000+ comments
- Opened Caffeinated Services
- Hosting a Roundtable Discussion at BloggerCon
Six Things I Learned:
- Do what you love. Read what you love. Share what you love.
- You can acquire a new skill every day.
- Online friends can be among some of your closest friends
- Yes, Kimberly, it’s ok to DNF
- Learn from the herd, but set your own course.
- Unplugging is necessary. Do it often.
Six Things I Love:
- The blogging community. I love seeing bloggers uplift each other, share knowledge and rally.
- Blogging has opened new doors, introduced new genres and ideas.
- Socializing. I love the friendships that have developed, the discovered passions for a genre or author. Our fandom can be wonderful.
- Helping someone find their next favorite book or new author.
- The Sunday Post and getting to know each of these special bloggers.
- The wonderful authors and publishers I have made connections with.
- More discussion posts. You think this would be easy, but I usually end up trying to fit reviews in. I have a Blog Check Up post I wrote in April that I keep pushing back. LOL
- Expand my community. There are so many blogs I’ve yet to discover.
- Attend more Bookish functions (this Introvert needs to leave the house. If you met me at a function you might not realize how uncomfortable I am. I get nervous and forget simple things. For example, I met Lauren @ BEA in 2016 and couldn’t remember her name!! All I could muster was a hello and nod. *hangs head*
- Try more new to me authors and genres
- Learn more code and design
- Keep things fresh, step out of my comfort zone. ( I still want to do a vlog or podcast)
I am going to keep this real simple. Followers of Caffeinated can enter to #win a $25.00 Amazon gift card. International winners will receive a gift card from PayPal. Thank you and may the odds be forever in your favor. ..
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone