by Dannika Dark
Series: Seven #6
Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 11 hours and 13 minutes
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible
Narration Rating: 4
After years of living abroad, Maizy returns home to the only family she’s ever known—a pack of wolves. When she confronts her childhood watchdog to see where they stand, his resentment leaves her uncertain about where she really belongs.
Behind Denver’s charming smile is a tragic past—one that’s made his wolf savage and unpredictable. Only Maizy has been able to tame that darkness, and when they’re reunited after many years apart, he no longer sees a child he once protected. She’s captivating and intelligent—a woman with the world at her fingertips and two suitors offering more than he ever could.
Torn between two worlds, Maizy must choose how her fairy tale ends. Tragedy, murder, passion, and imprisonment all collide with a heart-stopping twist.
Maizy’s story! TWO MINUTES by Dannika Dark is the sixth audio in the Seven series. This paranormal romance takes place years after the last. Our Maizy is all grown up and has her eyes set on Denver. With an intense storyline, this heartbreaking romance held me captive.
Five Caffeinated Reasons to grab your headphones and listen to Two Minutes
- Maizy is human but is in fact unique. She was brought into the pack at the beginning of this series and has been guarded like a princess. While Maizy treats the pack as a family, Denver has always been her best friend and watchdog. The love she has for Denver has matured into something more. For Denver, she is the one he cannot have. TWO MINUTES takes place years after the last novel, so it was interesting to get news on characters and the pack. Maizy has just returned from school abroad and is determined to connect with Denver. She is also seeking answers to what she is. For those who follow the story, we all know what makes Maizy unique, and in TWO MINUTES we get the full story.
- The Seven stories all work as standalone, although I do not recommend it since the pack, relationships and characters are threaded throughout. Dark does clarify things for a newbie, and each book contains a suspenseful thread balanced by humor and occasional snark. For me, it is the characters within the pack from their trials to banter that make the series.
- With TWO MINUTES the relationship between Denver and Maizy is enhanced by the former books and scenes we witnessed. Dark delivered all the feels as Denver struggled wth his emotions. There is another interested party in Maizy, and he just made my skin crawl. I found him to be arrogant. I still crack up when I think about how things panned out, particularly with the arrogant ass. LOL Denver doesn’t know about Maizy’s uniqueness, and this caused some complications. We also learn a great deal about Denver’s past, his heartache, and why falling for a human scares him.
- The suspenseful thread involves tempers and Breed law. Both created havoc for the Weston pack. It also interfered with the developing relationship between Denver and Maisy. I went through a mix of emotions from full on anger to desperation. I absolutely loved how Dark weaved an event from book one into TWO MINUTES.
- Why listen? Nichole Poole narrates and has found herself a firm slot on my favorite narrator list. From her male voices to her tone she enhances each tale. I tend to prefer male narrators, and I am happy to have discovered Poole.
TWO MINUTES delivered an emotional and intense ride, reminding me again how much I loved this series and the Weston pack.TWO MINUTES by Dannika Dark delivered an emotional and intense ride Click To Tweet
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone