Confessions only a Book Addict Understands….
12 confessions only a fellow Book Addict would understand. Please tell me I am not alone and feel free to share your own Book Addict Problems!
- A friend recommends a series that you have never heard of. You get all excited and pop on Kindle and one clicks the first book… Amazon tells you that it seems you bought this book on April 2, 2014. *facepalm* Sometimes I think I one-click books in my sleep.
- You own a Kindle, Nook and have both apps on your smartphone and the Audible App is on all of them. You have to be sure you are covered when out and about. This leads to my next bookish problem….
- You reach for the next book in a series and are sure you have bought it..but on which device? Upon looking it up you discover you’ve bought the eBook on both Nook and Kindle *face-palm*
- You are constantly checking the battery life on your eReader. I usually have one charging while I am reading the other.
- When Goodreads goes down you panic. Admit it, you get a little anxious and keep refreshing that screen. Is there some cardinal rule that I need to add a book to my reading list BEFORE I begin reading it? When Goodreads is down it sure the heck feels like it!
- You have more book release notifications in your Inbox than actual emails. I have deals and steals notifications, Amazon sends me to release info on favorite authors, Goodreads sends me notifications and Audible lets me know when favorite authors and narrators have upcoming releases. Not to mention all the dang publisher newsletters and author newsletters. Addict? Moi?
- Your Google Calendar has more book birthday notifications than actual friend’s birthdays. I always mark release dates for upcoming series releases or highly anticipated releases.
- You’re constantly sleep deprived of reading just one more chapter.
- You plan your social life and yes sometimes your work life around an anticipated book release/event. Before I started working for myself, I scheduled the release day of a few series off as personal days or *cough* sick days. Let’s not mention the anxiety I feel when there is a “social event” I need to attend on release day.
- After reading a book you loved, you often find yourself using expressions found in the book in your daily life. Gorydamn is one of my favorite curse words. (Red Rising fans are snorting) Don’t even get me started on how often I quote Charley Davidson.
- When I am completely caught up in a story, life annoys me..things like having to feed my family, getting dressed, sleeping, responsibilities…grrr.
- If I am completely honest, the smartphone with its triple memory card I carry is solely for my book/audio apps.
So there you have it confessions only a book addict understands. Share some of yours or tell me I am not alone!
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.