Today I am excited to share Renegade and Desperado by Lisa Bingham, the first two books in her Taggart Brothers series. Yep, I said BROTHERS and you know how much I adore series based on brothers. Did I mention they are cowboys? Yea-ha. First up is Renegade the second and newest book in the series. Both books work as standalone but I encourage you to read them both!
by Lisa Bingham
Series: Taggart Brothers #2
The rugged and wild Taggart brothers know how to tame a restless beast, but a restless heart is a different matter... When tragedy struck, Jace Taggart stepped in to run the family business and care for his brothers, sacrificing his own happiness to ensure their well-being. But after the beautiful Bronte Cupacek moves to town, Jace realizes he can’t ignore the hunger inside him much longer. However, the last thing Bronte needs is another man in her life. After the end of a painful marriage, she just wants to focus on her daughters. They need her now more than ever. Yet no matter how hard Bronte tries to stand on her own two feet, it’s hard to resist the handsome cowboy who keeps coming to her aid. Soon secrets from the past threaten everything dear to them. Only through embracing their undeniable connection can Jace and Bronte build a future together that no one can tear apart...
Lisa Bingham was a new to me author with the Taggart Brothers series and Renegade the second book solidified Bingham as author whose series I will continue to pick up. Depth, heart, family and a slow-burning, swoon-worthy romance made this small-town contemporary romance a winner.
Five reasons to grab Renegade
- Each of the stories in this series involves one of the Taggart brothers and Renegade shared with us Jace Taggart’s story. Jace is the leader of this clan and Bingham continued to surprise me throughout the tale as she peeled back his layers. He is the good guy who has sacrificed for love of family and in Renegade; he discovers sometimes the good guy gets the girl.
- Bingham brings surprising depth to her characters and stories. She skillfully weaves in multiple storylines surrounding our couple and secondary characters. This allows the reader to become completely immersed in the story. I found myself wanting to pack my bags and move to this small town in the Wasatch Mountains
- Bronte Cupacek and her two girls arrive and quickly acclimate themselves with the town and our hearts. I connected with Bronte despite not having her life experiences. She is strong, but doesn’t realize it and seeing her blossom was enjoyable. I adored Lily and the side story involving Jace’s special needs brother. It melted my heart y’all!! Bingham shared their back story and made the characters feel genuine. She captured Bronte’s tween and the difficulties adapting to life outside the city all while balancing time between character growth and the budding romance.
- While the story works as a standalone, the author shares updates on the previous couple.We also receive information on the next brother and local happenings. I loved that none of the threads suffered and that each character grew as the storylines weaved together towards our HEA.
- The romance between Jace and Bronte felt genuine, and I enjoyed how they worked to find balance between their growing feelings and family. Bingham weaved in banter between the brothers. They were at times hilarious and will have you giggling aloud. The tale was not overly heated but she brought heat through words and stolen moments adding a nice zing to an otherwise clean contemporary.
Renegade was a strong, delightful second book in the series and one that shouldn’t be missed.
Desperado by Lisa Bingham is the first in the Taggart Brothers series and when I received an advanced copy of Renegade, I knew I had to read them in order. Filled with flawed characters and a hero who will melt your heart Desperado delivered a fun, sexy and heartwarming romance.
I love books involving siblings and lord did Bingham give us brothers that will make you laugh and swoon. First up is Elam Taggart. Ladies hold onto your heartstrings because this ex-Navy EOD specialist is going to melt your heart. His back story will touch you and his “reawakening” after meeting our heroine P.D. Raines will have you adding him as a book boyfriend.
Set in the Wasatch Mountains the author delivers suspense with an interesting and unique plot. The town is sponsoring “Wild West Games” where partners compete over a few days for a ten thousand dollar prize as they attempt to live like pioneers and complete challenges. The plot was perfect for getting to know our characters and witnessing their budding romance.
I loved P.D. and easily connected with her. We meet Elam’s siblings and loved the family dynamics. We get to see them teasing each other and how much they care about one another. I loved the meddling that occurred and found myself laughing aloud.
The romance was sweet, with a little heat and a whole lotta heart. Their attraction, friendship and connection felt real. Desperado was low on angst thanks to the challenges and suspense angle I mentioned. The story wrapped up wonderfully and I dove right into Renegade.
Grab both Renegade and Desperado now so you can be caught up before the release of next Taggart Brothers novel.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email is not shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.