Gadgets and Apps for Readers
Today I thought I would share some cool gadgets, websites and Apps for the reader. I am going to assume the Goodreads App, Kindle, Barnes and Noble and Audible apps are ones you already utilize. If you don’t go grab them. I cannot live without them. The following are fun, informative, useful, and silly apps/sites for the Book Lover in all of us….
- Find Your Next Book Boyfriend. Do you know what kind of fictional hero makes you swoon? Head over to Romance At Random and try their new Book Boyfriend tool. Answer a few questions about your latest book boyfriend and they will pair you with your next read. I have had so much fun playing around with this, and enjoyed a title it selected. It gives you several book options so you can stock up.
- How Fast Do You Read? Ever wonder how long it takes you to read? Staples offers a reading test to help you determine just that. You can take the Reading test online at Staples.
- Instapaper- Do you ever see an article or link while surfing on your smartphone, tablet or apple but don’t have time to open link and read. Than later you cannot find it? With the Instapaper App you can save links to it and read them later. Here are the app links for Android and Apple
- Wattpad While I haven’t utilized this app/website myself. My daughters who are on very tight budgets have found some great reads. Wattpad is a place to discover and share stories. You can search for any topic or genre. While some stories are rough and of poor quality..everything is free so you can browse till you find a good one. It should be noted that some of today published authors began here. The site is available for PC/Android and Apple. Learn more about Wattpad.
- Smart Audiobook Player- I love this app and use it to listen to any book I have not purchased from the Audible App. It lets me listen, set speed, shows my progress and set a sleep timer. Try the free version first and you can upgrade the app for 2.00 at anytime. I upgraded for the additional features. Learn more about the Smart Audiobook Player.
- Overdrive App– The Overdrive App is brilliant as it connects you to your local library where you can read eBooks, listen to audios and even watch movies. It is available for PC/Android and Apple. Learn more about Overdrive.
- Novel Engagement -Designed for romance lovers this app available for PC/Android and Apple connects readers to new books and authors. This is a fun app with a wealth of information. I love that I can get news about my favorite authors next release and discover new releases. Learn more about Novel Engagement.
- DropBox– Dropbox is safe, secure storage in the clouds and I utilize it for storing documents I would be lost without from cheat sheets to my blog theme, posts etc. It offers free storage which you can increase by sharing or purchasing additional space. You can have it on your laptop and as an app to access anywhere at anytime. Learn more about Dropbox.
- Bookperk-provides daily eBook bargains, sneak peaks and exclusive offers. This brings sales and special deals right to my inbox with purchase links to my favorite book stores. There are always special codes for free books from HaperCollins that you can download and read with the HarperCollins reader app. Learn more and get a free eBook just for trying Bookperk.
For following blogs I recommend the Bloglovin’ App. It updates regularly and lets you see your feed, as well as search for specific blogs. Twitter and Facebook are ideal for socializing with other bloggers and keeping abreast of publisher and author news.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone