Welcome to Caffeinated Confessions!
I wanted a forum where we could talk about bookish subjects from swoon-worthy covers to the price of eBooks. I hope to share my thoughts on a different subject each month. So that we can all chat and share opinions. In the process, I hope we get to know each other a little better. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and lets dish!
~*~*Things You May Not Know About Me*~*~
If you follow me or perhaps because of my social icon and blog name -you know I love my caffeine. Coffee is my preferred method of intake, usually hot with a splash of cream and a pinch of sugar.
You also know I am an eclectic reader from romance to horror and that I dabble in YA, NA and Adult but did you know…..
1. Why I use the nickname Kimba on my blog? I actually started out as Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. My first name is Kimberly, but as a child my father called me Kimba. He was referencing a story about Kimba the White Lion. I am dating myself here, but Kimba the White Lion was a TV series that aired from 1965-67. Since I was a toe-headed baby born during it’s TV run, the nickname stuck.
2. I am a Whovian. WTH?!? For those who don’t follow Doctor Who this terminology may sound foreign, but a Whovian is a *slightly obsessed* fan of the popular science fiction show Dr. Who. I have been watching it since I can remember. I have memories of sitting on the floor watching our old box television with my Dad(the kind that looked like a piece of giant furniture). I am also Browncoat..*Firefly fans* are nodding their heads.*
3. I am a homebody. When I do venture out I like to stay in this imaginary square that exists around my universe. Unless the hubby is with me, or I have absolutely no choice I shop and look for doctors, stores, books etc within a said imaginary square.
4. I love horror books but scare easily. And…Oh yeah, and I am a screamer. Best time to make me scream? Creep up on me when I shower ( the Bates Motel didn’t mold me into the courageous woman I am today!)
or when blogging…..My son is like a stealth cat, and accidentally makes me scream like a wounded banshee at least once a week! Now he claims after we both get over the shock of my screaming that he walks in normally to talk to me but I am so engrossed in the said activity that he just appears like a friggin’ ninja and my heart can’t take it!
5. I love naps. I need naps! Just like a little kid between 3 and 5 pm each day I need a 30-minute nap with my blanket. If I try and skip it, bad things happen. If I haven’t had one, I suggest you back away slowly…
6. I love tattooed men, rouges, cowboys, military men and bad boys in my books….
but married a smexy, cuddly, flannel-wearing geek.
7. I cannot, will not touch raw ground beef. I have a serious fear of it. I love burgers but they must be burnt when I eat them. The least little bit of pink and I am done with the meal. *charcoal biscuit anyone?* Each month we make homemade meatballs and Italian gravy (spaghetti sauce). I throw all the ingredients in a giant bowl but my husband has to mix the meat. Seriously…because it requires that you mix it by hand and roll them into balls.*EEEEEEK!* Soooo for 26 years, this is how we roll.
8. My taste in music is as eclectic as my taste in books. I love everything from Nickleback to Frank Sinatra. I have been to 6 Neil Diamond concerts. I wore a trash bag in the rain to listen to Pink Floyd, saw Chicago in the park and can sing most of Eminem’s songs. I blew my eardrum listening to Adrian Belew at a pub in Philadelphia.
9. I am a Jersey girl. So yes I say coffee, daughter, and water like a New Yorker, even though I grew up in south Jersey. We spent all of our summers at the Jersey shore and until 1979 I was like a fish,
you could not get me out of the water.
What happened in 1979 you ask??
A twelve-year-old girl sat down on the living room floor to watch an exciting new movie premiering on television for the first time……..JAWS!!!!!! From that moment on the ocean became a scary place. I stand in knee deep waves, watch for fins and freak when the kids go out too far.
10. I can be anal and have OCD tendencies. This both amuses and annoys my family. For example, I check and double check things have been done, turned off, closed etc. My bed must be made and YES, there is a certain way that the glasses must be put away in the cabinet.
Well there you have it, Ten things you may not know about me. So by now you probably think I am a little crazy or maybe you share similar traits. Share something I may not know about you..go on, tell me your secrets…..
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone