by Sonya Clark
Genres: Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Runaway. Experiment. Superhero?The streets were the safest place for Dani, until the night she was caught by traffickers who sold her to a laboratory. She survived five years of experiments: biotech implants, gene therapy, and other things she could barely comprehend. The pain, though, that she understood. The lab pushed her body past its limits, drove her mind to its darkest corners, but somehow her spirit remained unbroken. She escaped, and sought refuge on the streets once again. But this time she doesn’t run away from cries for help. Now, she runs toward them.
Playboy. Dilettante. Sidekick?Kevin Moynihan is the youngest son of Point Sable’s most wealthy and storied family. A permanent fixture in the society pages, he’s known for his good looks, his charm, and his aversion to an honest day’s work. His life is a whirlwind of fast women, faster cars, all night parties and endless champagne – until his latest drunk and disorderly charge lands him a stint doing community service in the roughest part of town. The part of town where someone is always screaming for help.
A chance meeting will bring two unlikely people together – first as reluctant allies, then friends, and finally partners.
Disruptor by Sonya Clark delivered an intense, action-packed tale that kept me flipping the pages. A reluctant, damaged and kick-ass heroine meets spoiled rich boy and a Superhero is born.
Do you love stories about superheroes? Disruptor has all the elements necessary to feed your inner nerd.
- Superhero Dani lives in the streets and abandoned buildings of Point Sable since she escaped the Biotech lab that experimented on her for the past five years. Her time there left her with super abilities like strength, agility, hearing and more. Despite her fear of discovery she finds it hard to ignore the cries of distress in the middle of night. She unexpectedly finds herself protecting the weak and in just six short months her acts of heroism are whispered about and she has become an urban legend.
- Sidekick Kevin Moynihan is one of Point Sable’s most wealthiest playboys. A drunk and disorderly charge lands him on probation and working the soup kitchen on the lower east side. Kevin may act like a spoiled brat, but as Clark peels back his layers we find there is smarts, talent and humor behind that killer smile. He meets Dani on the streets, and soon becomes more than just a sidekick.
- Villains Crime families make up sections of the Point Sable and some neighborhoods look straight out of a post-apocalyptic movie. These are the neighborhoods where the thugs have police on their payroll, and calls for help go unanswered. When Dani sees a group of young women being removed from a ship by Russian thugs she follows. The story that unfolds was intense with kick-ass action scenes as we learn more about Dani and watch her growth.
- Informants Others within the neighborhood provide information as Dani slowly builds alliances.
- Secret Agency From Dani we learn about her years at the Biotech Lab. Implants, gene therapy, and other things she could barely comprehend but for what purpose? And who’s footing the bill? Clark shared a chapter from within this agency and it completely left me wanting more. It also hinted at more a stories about the Disruptor.
I had a blast reading the Disruptor and hope that Sonya Clark delivers more stories about this kick-ass heroine and her sexy sidekick.
Love superheroes? Disruptor by Sonya Clark will feed your inner nerd. Click To Tweet
Read a Sample
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone