by Lauren Blakely
Narrator: Sebastian York
Length: 6 hours and 5 minutes
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible | B&N
It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too.
And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big cock.
You might think I'm an asshole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.
Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.
The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancée for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.
And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.
But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.
What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?
I picked up Big Rock by Lauren Blakely on audio for two reasons. The first reason was a review by Book Nympho and the second was the narrator Sebastian York. I was in the mood for a sexy, fun, romantic comedy. Not since Drew Evans from Tangled have I laughed so hard at a male POV. Sexy, humorous and oh so sweet Big Rock delivered the perfect escape.
Caffeinated reasons to grab your earbuds and devour Big Rock
- Told completely from Spencer Holiday’s perspective Big Rock offered humor and heart.
- My first encounter with Spencer brought forth the words, “tool” and “douche” but it did not stop me from laughing aloud. The man is cocky and talks about his junk in third person, but as I got to know him he turns out to be a pretty dang sweet guy. Ok I totally fell for him and would gladly hang out with him!
- Spencer is successful, close to his family and has had the same best friend since college. He owns a cat and even though he has a tendency to mentally brag, he is also adorable and I loved seeing him fall.
- His best friend is Charlotte. The two of them co-own a chain of bars called The Lucky Spot. They support each other and genuinely care for one another. They are the perfect BFFs.
- When Spencer’s Dad needs him to clean up his persona to sell his business, Spencer asks Charlotte to pose as his fiancé for a week. This leads to a pretend kiss that has Spencer looking at his friend in a completely new light. I loved this and Blakely had me laughing and the rolling commentary in Spencer’s head.
- The tale that unfolds was a blast to listen to. York nailed Spencer’s attitude, confusion and delivered the heat. He even did a lovely job portraying Charlotte. Spencer’s inner dialogue had me laughing, sighing and wondering if he was going to muck this all up. The two end up making rules as they try to squash the physical attraction that rears up between them. I love the arrangement trope and Blakely provided an entertaining twist with this romantic comedy.
Big Rock was deliciously heated and melted my earbuds while wrapping this “friends to lovers’” romance in humor, friendship and good times.
Read the Prologue
My dick is fucking awesome.
But don’t just take my word for it. Consider all its accomplishments.
First, let’s start with the obvious one.
Sure, some people will tell you that size does not matter. You know what I’ll tell you? They lie.
You don’t want a tiny diamond on your finger when you can have three carats. You don’t want a one-dollar bill when you can have a Benjamin. And you don’t want to ride a miniature pony when you can saddle up on a rock-star cock at the rodeo of your pleasure.
Why? Because bigger is better. It’s more fun. Ask any woman who’s had to utter the dreaded words, “Is it in yet?”
No woman has ever had to ask me that.
You’re probably wondering by now—just how big is it? C’mon. A gentleman doesn’t tell. I may fuck like a god, but I’m still a gentleman. I’ll open your door before I open your legs. I’ll hold your coat for you, I’ll pay for dinner, and I’ll treat you like a queen in and out of bed.
But I get it. You want an image in your mind. A measurement in inches to make your mouth water. Fine. Imagine this. Picture your fantasy-sized cock; mine’s fucking bigger.
Moving on to looks. Let’s be honest. Some dicks are just motherfucking ugly. I won’t get into all the reasons why. You know what they are, and for now, when it comes to my best asset, all I want you thinking about are these words: long, thick, smooth, hard. If the Renaissance masters were carving sculptures of cocks, mine would be the model for all of them.
But honestly, none of this would matter if my dick didn’t possess the most important attribute of all.
Ultimately, a man’s dick should be measured by the number of orgasms it delivers. I’m not talking about the solo flights. That’s cheating. I’m talking about the Os that can make a woman’s back arch, her toes curl, her windows shatter, her world rock.
How much pleasure has my dick wrought? I don’t kiss and tell, but I’ll leave you with this. My dick has a perfect track record. That’s why it fucking sucks that he has to go on hiatus.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone