by Katee Robert
Series: The O'Malleys #1
Published by: Hachette
Narrator: Charlotte North
Length: 8 hours and 19 minutes
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Audible | B&N
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katee Robert begins a smoking hot new series about the O'Malley family-wealthy, powerful, dangerous and seething with scandal. Teague O'Malley hates pretty much everything associated with his family's name. And when his father orders him to marry Callista Sheridan to create a "business" alliance, Teague's ready to tell his dad exactly where he can stuff his millions. But then Teague actually meets his new fiancée, sees the bruises on her neck and the fight still left in her big blue eyes, and vows he will do everything in his power to protect her. Everyone knows the O'Malleys have a dangerous reputation. But Callie wasn't aware just what that meant until she saw Teague, the embodiment of lethal grace and coiled power. His slightest touch sizzles through her. But the closer they get, the more trouble they're in. Because Callie's keeping a dark secret-and what Teague doesn't know could get him killed.
The Marriage Contract written by Katee Robert and narrated by Charlotte North drew me in with the promise of an Irish Mob family in Boston. The series will center on three crime families, the O’Malley’s, Sheridan’s, and Holloran’s. After listening to The Marriage Contract I fully intend to continue this series on audio.
Five reasons to grab your earbuds and listen to The Marriage Contract
- Arranged marriages, blood vows and heart made The Marriage Contract an exciting start to the series. This novels focuses primarily on Teague the second son of the O’Malley clan and Callista Sheridan the sole heir to the Sheridan family. Roberts drew us into the world of politics and family loyalty with a Westside story romance that will tug at your heartstrings.
- Through the characters, Roberts allowed me to slip into this world where wealth, scandal and death are a daily occurrence. Alliances are made through marriage and the children of these clans have been instilled with “loyalty to family” above all things. We often watch shows or read books about mob life, but Roberts gave us the offspring’s perspectives from their fears to their sacrifices.
- Calista and Teague was an interesting couple. Calista was all set to marry the son of the Halloran clan when he ended up dead. The O’Malley’s family see an opportunity for an alliance. They step in and arrange a marriage between Calista and Teague. I loved the chemistry between them from their sizzling hot beginning to the way they stood up for one another. This had a little insta-love, but I enjoyed the Westside Story vibe and the characters felt genuine. Robert added depth to both characters from her secret to his need to protect his siblings. I enjoyed getting to know them as their layers were exposed. Both are kick-ass and intelligent. I am curious to see how these two take on their corner of the world.
- In the Marriage Contract Robert sets up the world and introduces us to each family as she shares their differences. We meet the siblings of Teague, and the brothers of the remaining Halloran’s. Hints for the next romance have me just a tad giddy because their chemistry and banter is off the charts!
- Charlotte North did a stellar job narrating. This was my first audiobook featuring her work and I was impressed. Her pacing was easy on the ears and I feel like she nailed the accents. Even her male characters sounded great. For that reason, I will continue this story on audio.
The Marriage Contract offered heat, suspense, and fleshed out characters who drew me into the world of Boston’s mob families.
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone