by Cecy Robson
Series: Weird Girls #5
Published by: Penguin
Genres: Urban Fantasy
The preternatural world is changing. After a massive magical throwdown tore apart the established order, the dark elements are rebuilding their ranks unopposed. Celia Wird’s world is changing, too. She’s the mate of the pureblood were Aric, and his Warriors are honor-bound to protect her family as she and her sisters recover from unimaginable horrors. Celia hesitates to reveal the true extent of the Wird sisters’ trauma, but they aren’t the only ones keeping secrets: Aric and the werewolf Elders are tracking a stone that grants limitless power. So is a tough coven of witches. Then Misha, a master vampire with his own plans for the stone, sends Celia after it. Can she and the vamps beat both the weres and the witches to the treasure before it falls into the wrong hands? Fearing for Celia’s safety, Aric begs her to stay out of the hunt. What they don’t realize is that they’re the ones being hunted. But Celia’s ready to prove that she’s not easy prey
A Curse Unbroken by Cecy Robson is the fifth Weird Girls novel and final book about Celia Wird and Aric, at least for now. This urban fantasy romance is intense as evil once again threatens Celia and those she loves. Not quite as dark and gory as it’s predecessor Robson finally delivers what fans have been pining for.
Five reasons to grab A Curse Unbroken and lose yourself within its pages
- Aric the sexy were warrior and Celia Wird. If you have read the series that you have witnessed the carnage, near death and despair this couple have suffered, and yet through it all the love. The tale pics up right where the last tale ended and our couple will once again be tested. Will they finally get their happy? You will have to grab a copy to find out.
- Secondary characters,romance trouble and vampire interference- we get it all in typical Robson fashion. Gemini and Taran’s relationship is a mess, and I long for their story. Meanwhile Bren and Emma have this quiet little thing going and I want in. Shayna and Koda are downright adorkable. Misha and his groupies are present adding and causing tension all at the same time.
- An unseen threat effects them and the mating bond between Celia and Aric. An assignment to retrieve a powerful stone that can wreak havoc if it falls into the wrong hands have the Wird’s, weres and vampires battling other supernatural elements. It was intense, brutal and completely captivating.
- Robson takes urban fantasy and wraps it inside a paranormal romance that grabs at your heartstrings. Her characters are unique and despite internal bickering and differences, somehow she takes weres, vampires and witches and has them working together towards a common goal.
- You love holding your breath, screaming at a book and becoming completely wrapped up in the story. A Curse Unbroken demands to be read in one, maybe two sittings, so forget the housework, sleep, and food. When you crack this open, prepare to lose yourself until it ends. I suggest unplugging and having chocolate handy. I laughed, cringed, cried, sighed, but ultimately closed the book satisfied, and spent.
The Weird Girls series is dark, romantic, and intense and one I completely adore.The wait for A Curse Unbroken was worth it and this series should be read in order of release. I totally recommend all of the side novellas; they each added to the storyline and enhanced my love of the characters
Review linked to Tasty Book Tours
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone