by Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing the Limits #4
Published by: Harlequin
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Publisher, Purchase
Bonus novella included: Crossing the Line.Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help. West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her-fighting for her-is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future. Hayley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for.
I positively adore the Pushing the Limits series. Katie McGarry brings her characters to life and makes you feel. I was excited to get Westβs story in Take Me On and once again McGarry delivered and I found myself wrapped up in West and Haleyβs story.
Five reasons to grab a coffee to go and read Take Me On:
1. Take Me OnΒ at its heart is a romance but it offers so much more. We see character growth, friendship, trust and forgiveness.
2. West. I have wanted Westβs story from the beginning and I loved getting to know this troubled young man. He has traits to admire and his personal suffering is brought to the surface and exposed. I loved his integrity and the growth we see in him.
3. Haley. Haley had been at the top and crashed to the bottom. Her relentless love for her family and need to protect them and putting them first was so noble, but her sacrifices were great. I loved seeing her bloom, accept, let go and grow.
4. A sizzling attraction with all the feels asΒ McGarry slowly allows this romance to develop. Sure, we felt some insta-attraction and feelings but she gave the romance depth allowing the reader to believe.
5. Mixed Martial Arts, a conflict, a villain and little side stories about the families, and other characters made for a well-rounded story that kept me fully engaged and invested.
Take Me On was all that I hoped for with fleshed out characters and depth. If you have not tried the Pushing the Limit series, all I can say is go, go forth and grab them, read them, hug them and let them into your heart.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
Never miss a post by adding Caffeinated to your Inbox
Your email address will not be shared with anyone